Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many plastic balls have you bought?

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default how many plastic balls have you bought?

I've been using the same one for 17 years. (Skull) . I've had it polished twice and it looks new. I don't see any reason to buy a new one unless I get bored with it right?

Don't have any right now but I'm looking at one of those Pyramid Path plastics....gonna start straight balling my spares!

Chats: 1

just bought a path spare, I love it. I'm currently 12/13 on 10 pins since i've got it. Had them drill it too saved about 15 bucks compared to buying a White Dot at the proshop.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Chats: 221

I currently have 2 Maxim and a Taboo spare (gas mask core)
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 32

Well unless your speed dominate I might suggest polishing it more often than once every 8.5 years as long as it holds up it's fine. Some bowlers tend to chip plastic balls at a high rate others don't.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler

It cracked near the holes and i bowled with it for a long time like that until a pro shop guy said i can fix that and make it look new. I only bowled about once a month for about 8 of those years

Do I count the Columbia white dot and yellow dot that I brought in the late '70s?
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Ringer

I was thinking about buying my first!

Actually I didn't even buy the plastic ball I'm using. One of my old teammates gave it to me after he decided he didn't need it. It's 12 years old, and I hit it with polish every few years. If you can find a copy, read up on the Triax Spare system by Rolf Gauger. It's based on using a plastic ball.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

Chats: 4

When I came back to the game in 2011 I bought a plastic T-Zone spare ball and
    the first time I throwed it the finger holes started cracking around the grips and
    it is still going strong even today with the exception of it also cracking a little bit
    around the thumb hole too.

I was expecting it to crack real bad around the fingers over time and I'd have to
    break down and have it plugged and redrilled but it is still just about the same
    as it was the first time I throwed it.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast