Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: bowl1820 2017-2018 scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Week 04

Okay not a bad night, But it was a long one. We were the last ones done, We started at 6:30 and finished at a quarter to 10 everyone except the sec. was gone. I can't really put my finger on the cause, other than lots a of spares and the players taking a long time on making a shot. I got to watch and see if that other team takes that long usually.

I now have a full team! Got a 4th player who bowled on the league before a couple years ago and my other player is back from the evacuation. The new guy established average at a 167, His last years average didn't have enough games in to use it he had just subbed.

Well was using the Pyramid Blunt Force again and shot 192-183-191-566. After only 4 weeks my average is up 16 pins over last years dismal finish. So the sports league must of actually helped, I feel better about my shot making.

Strikes 48%
    Spares 46%
    Single Pin Spares 71%

We lost the first game by 4 pins and won the rest. Took 5 points we were in 2nd place (This might change do to some teams post bowling because of the hurricane), the worst we could do is tie for 4th now. So this is a good start compared to last season, at that time we were in 31st.

Last edited by bowl1820; 09-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 05

Good consistent night, with the Blunt Force! even shot a dutch 200, won a cookie for that. We took 4 out of 7 points which was okay. Plus I had my new glasses and could read the scoreboard better and really see the boards on the lane

I can pretty much tell you exactly what happened on each leave, I was really posting and watching each shot tonight.

The back row was because my speed was slightly fast, the 4pins speed was slightly slow, 4-7 pulled the ball one board left, the split and 2 washouts dropped the ball and pulled it. All the strikes were right in the hole, except for I think two which were Brooklyn because I tugged it.

Strikes 48%
    Spares 81%
    Opens 10%
    Single pin spares 90%

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 06

Well we seemed to have a lot friction on this pair tonight. I had just freshened the surface on the Blunt Force and it was reading a little early, increasing speed helped a little. I tried moving in to the oil some, but it still felt too early.

But the second frame of the second game I switched to the Pyramid Curse and moved back right some, This gave me a better look.

But by the second frame of game three, I could see the shot for me was breaking down more.

Last game was the only one we won, first game we lost by 100 pins, 2nd lost by 106 (the other team was shooting way over) and game 3 we won by 106. Mainly Because My girlfriend shot 45 POA and my new guy got the front 7 for 232 game that was 67 POA.

click for Stats:

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 07

Not particularly a bad night bowling, Started out with the Blunt Force. But switched to the Motiv Paranoia after the 6th frame of the 1st game, The Blunt was just feeling a little bit too early.

We only won one game, my team was only bowling just under average. The other team was bowling just over average and we were spotting themo team 74 pins.

Click for stats

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 08

Week 08 of league wasn't bad, we were down one player. We were basically bowling scratch, The team we were playing were spotting us 7 pins. But we had to take 10 off the blind of our missing our player, so we wound up giving them 3.

We did well though, we all bowled over average every game except my last one and we took all 7 points. Which was good next week is our first position round, as of week 7 we are in a four way tie for 5th place and only 5 points out of first. So theoretically if the other team break the points up right we could be in 1st for position night.

I used the Blunt force tonight, I should have changed the last game. The backend was feeling funky and the motion wasn't quite right, But I got a few frames into the game with the BF and I didn't feel like bothering to change after that.

Felt good picking up that first frame washout of the 3rd game, I moved left, threw the plastic ball straight down 5th arrow. Yep Norm was right going straight up the fifth arrow versus hooking the ball to the left of the head pin works way better.

Click for stats:

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 09

Week 09 First Position round.

Tonight was our first position round of the first half, Last year at this time we were in 28th place in a threeway tie for 26th place. After that position round, we fell to 30th in a two way tie for 29th place.

This season going into the position round we were in 3rd place in a 5 way tie for 2nd place. After this position round we are now in a threeway tie for second place.

So we're having a better start this season, I've got a full team, averages are all up, our win percentage is up, Now if we can just keep it up.

First quarter stat's

Week 09-Position Round

Chats: 32

Nice bowl keep it up.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 10

Well this was a pretty weak night, we were down one person and all of us were shooting under average. We lost all points.

I noticed on our lanes and those around us, players had very similar leaves. I've seen this happening before, say your leaving the bucket a lot on your lanes. The lanes near you will have lots of buckets show up.

Well there's next week.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 11

Excitement this week, A big shouting match broke out a couple of lanes over the last game (about frame 4) Not sure what it was about, someone not getting up to bowl quick enough, being on the cellphone, looking at someone the "Wrong way!"

The loudest voice picked his stuff up and walked out, so he got zeros for the remaining frames for a whooping 70 game. So his team lost that game, looking at the scores they most likely would have lost anyway.

This night wasn't too bad only missed three spares and we took 5 points. Now we're tied for 7th, 6 points out of first.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 12

Okay getting caught up here

This week was weak.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast