Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bowl1820 2017-2018 scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default bowl1820 2017-2018 scores

Well the winter season has started and the Kings and Queens league is pretty much the same as last year.

The big changes are handicap which was changed to 90% of 260! Which was perplexing to many. Plus they changed the lane oil to Kegel Fire oil, which has a higher viscosity than the old oil (Fire: Viscosity: 45.1 cps, Surface Tension: 23.6 dynes/cm) and should hold up better through the night.

Noticed a slight problem, they had the entering averages wrong. Which they have to check, so wins & loss's tonight are up in the air. I think I know what they did, we have a split season and I think they took the averages from the half not the whole season.

Well there was also a 300 shot tonight, It was by one of the players that I wouldn't be surprised would shoot one.

Well not a bad start for the season, I shot a 176-177-201 for a 554 which was 44 pins over last season average.

Strikes 27.27%
    Spares 73.91%
    Opens (5) 16.67%

Used the Pyramid Blunt Force for all three games, Had the surface a 1000 US grit (approx. P2000 abralon) the OOB is 2000abralon/Polish. Worked pretty good, The new oil seemed to hold up well actually seen some oil come back on my ball for a change.

Besides my usual post of the "Best Bowling Free" tracking file, I've include a sample of the file produced by the new android App "Bowl!Drill!Score!Stat!" which I'm testing out.

Last edited by bowl1820; 04-11-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

any advantages to the new stat keeper?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    any advantages to the new stat keeper?
    Well it has loads of options and its cheap at .99 cents for one person tracking. You can upgrade for $5 to do more people. They had a free give away here awhile back, thats when I got it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....neg.tbe&hl=en

You can track balls used, where you stand, the line used, lane patterns, notes on each frame, gives several knds of reports, you can search your data.

You can setup practice drills and keep track of how you do on them. Theres a ball speed calculator, check the link theres all knd of stuff.

The developer is real responsive to questions etc. he made some changes on stuff I suggested. Hes down here in florida around brandon. He made me one of his beta testers now.

The app is not hard to use once you know where everything is, there is a help function if needed.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-30-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 4

I got in on the free giveaway for the app but haven't
    tried it out yet. I guess I'll wait until the fall league
    starts and then try using it I haven't figured it all out
    yet but hopefully I can get use to it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Well they posted the standings and I was right, they used the wrong entering averages. The up dated recaps showed the corrected scores, it didn't really change anything for us other than we got one more pin of handicap. I don't know how much it affected the other teams.

I'm pretty sure I figured out what happened, I looked through last seasons player averages week by week to see if they match up any where to the entering averages they used.

It appears when they pulled the averages up from last season, they didn't get the end of season averages. They pulled up the averages from the end of the first half of last season.

But at least they appear to have fixed it.

Chats: 10

Nice shooting! Always great to start off bowling over average!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Wekk 02

Okay Week 02 wasn't too bad.

The new Fire oil seems pretty good, the shot is holding up well for three games. Third game I still was getting oil back on the ball even, The line didn't change much as the night went on. Once I found the line, I was using the Blunt Force @1000. I moved in slowly as the night went on but not much, Third game actually moved back right slightly.

Missed spares were just my fault, first couple was because I didn't use my straight ball. The rest just bad shot making.

I think bowling on the sport league did help, the things I worked on in it. Projecting the ball, posting the shot etc. have helped my average is 22 pins over my entering average.

The Pyramid Blunt Force is really starting to work better now, I'm getting the feel of it more now.

Beside my regular tracking sheet, I've included a sample of one of the stat views from the new app. The new app is pretty good, But I kind of the like the game view from the old app a bit better. Just because it's a little slicker looking with the filled in strikes and spares.

We did good tonight, we took all the points and I should have a 4th bowler next week (Barring the coming storm interrupting us)

Last edited by bowl1820; 04-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 03

Well hurricane Irma didn't stop league bowling. While I've been without power for a few days now, the lanes had plenty.

We had a respectable turn out for league, Maybe about 2/3rds of the league showed up. I only brought 2 balls the Blunt and the spare ball, just in case there was a blackout.

There was only four on our pair tonight,2 on my team and 2 on the other. The shot was pretty good I like the new oil so far, it's holding up well.

Didn't do too bad, biggest problem was thumb & finger holes were tight at the start. Second game kind of fell apart, but came back in the third.

We took all the point so that was good, I should have a new team mate next week and my other one back hopefully.

Last edited by bowl1820; 04-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Well hurricane Irma didn't stop league bowling. While I've been without power for a few days now, the lanes had plenty.

Hope you're doing okay down there, bowl. We were thinking about you!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Glad to hear that things are getting a little back to normal!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast