Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super dry lanes...

Default Super dry lanes...

So just about all of my bowling is on super dry lanes, no sign of oil on the ball. I'm not in a league until maybe next year. I like the boring shot straight up the 8-10. Looking for a lower priced ball for dry lanes. I was looking at the Blue Hammer but would a low end pearl be just as good?

I find that urethane is not really that effective for super dry lanes as it reads the mid lane too much. You might want to check out the Brunswick Fanatic BTU (Better Than Urethane). I gives the same kind of look as urethane, but gets further down the lane and still doesn't over-react on the back end.

Chats: 0

I have the same experience as Rob. Urethane will read too early and not be very effective. I would consider a polyester ball with a core (such as Track Spare + or Hammer Black Widow spare)

Awesome...my shot is so simple, i think i have made the mistake of buying too agressive for me, more than once. Thanks!

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

I've been very happy this summer with with the 900 Global Desert Ops on the dry
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Check out the Pyramid Path Rising too! If you are looking for something on drier conditions and low price
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Check out the Pyramid Path Rising too! If you are looking for something on drier conditions and low price
    Thanks....funny you should say that, i have been looking at & considering one of those...especially for that price!

One of the centers where I bowl regularly has been very dry as of late. I actually took a plastic spare ball (no core) and put a 500 abrasion surface on it and have gotten some pretty good results. The nicest thing about it is that as all of the reactive balls dry out the track area, my shot, and carry, gets better and better. A few weeks ago I was some practicing with three friends on fresh oil on a Sunday morning. We were bowling five games each. In the fourth game, scores were 246, 244, 236, and I shot 190 with my plastic ball, but I could see that it was getting really good near the end of the game. I suggested that we bowl the last game for $1. I shot 248 with my plastic ball, beating the next highest score by over 20 pins. Needless to say, I was accused of hustling (for a dollar?), but in fact I just paid attention to what the lanes told me. Lesson learned!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    One of the centers where I bowl regularly has been very dry as of late. I actually took a plastic spare ball (no core) and put a 500 abrasion surface on it and have gotten some pretty good results. The nicest thing about it is that as all of the reactive balls dry out the track area, my shot, and carry, gets better and better. A few weeks ago I was some practicing with three friends on fresh oil on a Sunday morning. We were bowling five games each. In the fourth game, scores were 246, 244, 236, and I shot 190 with my plastic ball, but I could see that it was getting really good near the end of the game. I suggested that we bowl the last game for $1. I shot 248 with my plastic ball, beating the next highest score by over 20 pins. Needless to say, I was accused of hustling (for a dollar?), but in fact I just paid attention to what the lanes told me. Lesson learned!
    Nice...so I wonder if more guys could dominate their bowling league if they pulled out the simple ball while everyone else is tearing up the lanes with their sponges!

Yes! My PSO used plastic exclusively until about two years ago. The ball was pretty rough and hadn't been shined in a long, long time. He averaged over 230 for years on house shots and won some regional PBA tournaments with it. He's bowled plenty of 300's and 800's. Darn good bowler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast