Thread: Arsenal evaluation

Chats: 0

Default Arsenal evaluation

It's been a few years since I've re-evaluated my arsenal. With the new season and a lot of new balls out, I'd like opinions on where there might be gaps.

Stats - slightly rev dominate tweener
    Speed: 17-17.5 MPH (at release)
    Rev rate: 400
    Rotation: 60
    Tilt: 15

Current Arsenal:
    Brunswick Mastermind strategy - 2000
    Ebonite Mission - 4000
    Motiv Venom Shock - 2000
    Hammer Rebel Pearl - 2000 polished
    Motiv Ascent Apex - 4000
    Plastic spare

Seems pretty solid. Urethane is making a comeback hammer has a few. I'm looking to add the Pitch Black to my arsenal. I've seen a lot of people throwing the Pitch Black by Storm and putting up numbers.

I've never actually thrown urethane before so it would defiantly be something new. I'm not sure I would even know when to use it. How many people use urethane for their spare ball as well as dry lanes?

The venom shock has a lot of games on it as well so I might swap that out with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I've never actually thrown urethane before so it would defiantly be something new. I'm not sure I would even know when to use it. How many people use urethane for their spare ball as well as dry lanes?

The venom shock has a lot of games on it as well so I might swap that out with something new.
    I've seen a few people use urethane for spares. If you bowl on a house shot a lot you would probably use it mainly for spares. But yeah dry lane conditions would be good to use it for. The thing with urethane is it will push a lot of oil down lane pretty fast and if your team is bowling around the same area as you it could mess up their ball reaction. A few people I bowl with got the pitch black which for the most part goes long and doesn't move a whole lot. I just drilled up a Brunswick BTU the other day. It's Urethane with a lot in the back end. So it gets down the lane and flips hard in the back end. If I open my hand slightly it will go a lot straighter. I like it a lot but probably won't use it much unless the lane conditions call for it.

guy on my team uses urethane all the time , he got major revvs . urethane is also good on spotty lanes very predictable smooth arc