Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Go To Ball

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Hammer Black Widow Dark Legend, pin up. 15# gives my old *** a few more revs, it works well in the grease, but can still use it after transition. I started using this last October, and it ran ever game until the end of the season. Keep it at OOB condition (or as close to that as I can do with my equipment). So far since purchase, 4 700+ series, 3 279 games, and from December 20th, 2016, I never shot below 600 with it. So far, it's been about as "go to" as it gets.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Bowler

Ive never owned more than 1 strike ball at a time. If i bowl bad i blame me or the lanes not the ball.

Plastic! No matter how bad the lanes get, I can always get plastic to the pocket. Not great carry, but when the track gets so burned up that the bowlers throwing reactive watch their carry circle the drain, mine gets better and better. Remember the Airplane, or was it the Starship: Plastic Fantastic Lover!

Chats: 1

It used to be the Lane-Masters Terminator which cracked last year. No matter what, if I was lost, it would help me limit the damage.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Plastic! No matter how bad the lanes get, I can always get plastic to the pocket. Not great carry, but when the track gets so burned up that the bowlers throwing reactive watch their carry circle the drain, mine gets better and better. Remember the Airplane, or was it the Starship: Plastic Fantastic Lover!
    Good one! The Airplane were awesome. Anyway yeah, when things are dry or just not going well, just aim a plastic ball over 2nd arrow. At least it's going to be a more smooth reaction. I use a 14# Pyramid Path. It was cheap and does a great job of going straight when I need it to.

I would have to say my go to ball on house is my hyper cell skid.It just reacts the right way for me. If its a sport shot however, my most versatile is my old lane #1 dirty bomb hybrid. I know its old but it just is smooth reacting as long as the pattern is 40 feet and under I can always count on it.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Rob, I'm right here with you. If all else fails, rocket plastic. I actually took this into account one year during a no-tap tourney at my home center. 5 games, and the lanes transition so much, I went with plastic from the get-go and it didn't fail me. Took 2nd to a stud lefty. Threw 10 naturals in a row with plastic, then left a ringer 10, followed with another natural.

But, reactive ball wise, my go to is Storm Phaze II. Reads the lanes well and lets me make the proper adjustment. It might not be the right ball right then and there, but it will point me in the right direction.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

For me it is my Pyramid Curse. Drilled it with a 40 x 4 x 40 layout and it is the most predictable ball I have ever used. When I get lost/confused I can grab it out of the bag throw a shot and then get a good idea of what the lanes are doing again.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

I would say for me it's the Hy-Road, can throw it when nothing else seems to be working, almost always have it my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I would say for me it's the Hy-Road, can throw it when nothing else seems to be working, almost always have it my bag.
    I really need to add the Hy-Road to my arsenal. I hear so many good things. Probably why it's still selling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast