Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Go To Ball

Chats: 0

Default Your Go To Ball

Every Bowler has that one ball that no matter how lost they are switch too and majority of the time find success. Mine is the Columbia 300 Outburst it's not my favorite ball in the bag probably not even top 3 but whenever i'm lost my teammates tell me to go to it or switch back to it after making a change and I almost always find instant success. What's your go to ball?

Chats: 221

Pin down polished Chemical X or my polished Covert Revolt (depending on oil volume)
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGunz89 View Post
    Mine is the Columbia 300 Outburst it's not my favorite ball in the bag probably not even top 3 but whenever i'm lost my teammates tell me to go to it or switch back to it after making a change and I almost always find instant success.
    So you almost always have "instant success" with this ball and it's not your favorite? That makes no sence to me.......

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Buster76 View Post
    So you almost always have "instant success" with this ball and it's not your favorite? That makes no sence to me.......
    It makes sense to me. As a carpenter, I have quite a few tools. My favorites are the ones that come out of the truck almost every time I'm working. There are some that don't get used very often, but when I need them they sure make the job easier.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    It makes sense to me. As a carpenter, I have quite a few tools. My favorites are the ones that come out of the truck almost every time I'm working. There are some that don't get used very often, but when I need them they sure make the job easier.
    I'm not sure that anology works in his situation. You have lots of different tools and most of them perform different functions. Those tools that you leave in the truck or shop regularly only come out when you need them for a specific functions that your favorite gonto tools couldn't perform.

Bowling balls as tools have one function, to knock down bowling pins. And if you have one that works better than the rest and always works for you, why not make that your go to ball or tool?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I'm not sure that anology works in his situation. You have lots of different tools and most of them perform different functions. Those tools that you leave in the truck or shop regularly only come out when you need them for a specific functions that your favorite gonto tools couldn't perform.

Bowling balls as tools have one function, to knock down bowling pins. And if you have one that works better than the rest and always works for you, why not make that your go to ball or tool?
    Because the lanes transition and the "go to" ball may be a horribly bad choice to start with on fresh oil on your home lanes, but is exactly what you need later on or at a different center.
    John

Pin Crusher

John let me guess. Some kind of "Hammer"
    I wouldn't know the other two balls mentioned if I found them on the house ball rack.

Cranker

Currently, its my Brunswick True Nirvana. Love that ball now. I can play down and in and move left when I have to and it still rolls great for me.

It's weird because that ball doesn't always feel best in my hand and it's the only ball i tend to roll over the thumb time to time and still strike. But it's not the most comfortable. When i throw my secret agent or phase II as soon as i release it i feel it off my hand. Even though i have a lot of success with the outburst I don't mentally and physically connect very well with the ball even though i do well with it. If that makes any sense.

I have two. If the shot is with the grain and near the gutter, I like my Hammer Black Widow Legend. If I need to get deep and left, it's my DV8 Ruckus Schizo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast