Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Go To Ball

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGunz89 View Post
    I really need to add the Hy-Road to my arsenal. I hear so many good things. Probably why it's still selling.
    It's a versatile ball, you really can't go wrong by having one, there was some talk that the Timeless would "replace" the Hy-Road and finally let Storm retire it, I guess that's yet to be determined. I've got a few friends with the Timeless that like them, but if they announce they are discontinuing the Hy Road, I'll be ordering at least one to keep for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I would say for me it's the Hy-Road, can throw it when nothing else seems to be working, almost always have it my bag.
    Ditto!

Yep, it's the Hy-Road for me too. Its consistent, reliable and versatile enough to give me at least a look on pretty much anything!

The Hy-Road is excellent! Pathogen is another great go-to ball for us.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    The Hy-Road is excellent! Pathogen is another great go-to ball for us.
    I will second that. I love my Pathogen! This ball is so much better that I thought it would be!!!

Chats: 2

So, just punched up a Rotogrip Hot Cell. Definitely going to be my go to out of the gate from here on out in my home center. I just did a ball review over in the forum there. Go check it out
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I've learned to bowl with 1 at a time and a plastic ball. I am by no means consistent and dont avg over 200.... but will lugging 5 balls around up my scores? I think I would just get more confused. Too many options. I don't even think I could get a 3ball bag out of the trunk

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    I've learned to bowl with 1 at a time and a plastic ball. I am by no means consistent and dont avg over 200.... but will lugging 5 balls around up my scores? I think I would just get more confused. Too many options. I don't even think I could get a 3ball bag out of the trunk
    For a regular house shot, 5 balls I think is excessive, I carry 3 balls usually, 1 dull solid and 1 shiny ball for and my plastic spare ball. Even then sometimes I confuse myself like my other night at bowling. I was bowling pretty well, first 2 games were 209, 203 and I decide to switch to a shinier ball for the 3rd game and I start split, weak 10, split so I switch back to my original but now I'm completely out of rhythm and I struggle to a 155 and kicking myself for the unnecessary ball change.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    I have my locker down at my local house that is mainly just storage space for me lol. Now, when I go to a tourney, I try to have a ball for just about everything I may face. For instance, I'm taking 5 + plastic with me to a tourney, where I know it's going to be fairly wide open for qualifying, but for me, it's more of a security blanket than anything. I'll be taking: Hot Cell, Pitch Blue, Phaze II, Timeless, Street Fight, and my trusty White Dot. That setup allows to me make any adjustment needed, from surface to core. Hopefully I don't have to use em all, but I know if I didn't take em, I'd be kicking myself as I'd end up needing it.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

For me, this is difficult to answer. Just 1 ball to pick depends on how the lanes are treating me or how my shoulder feels.

My arsenal allows me many different options when it comes to the go to ball.

IF I had to choose 1 ball, I would probably say it's the original Vandal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast