Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber Balls

Question Rubber Balls

The old lady picked up a Brunswick Manta for a buck from a Goodwill. She just wanted it for the retro bag, so I decided to have a little fun resurfacing it and polishing it up. As far as I know I have never thrown a rubber ball, what can I expect?

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adam View Post
    As far as I know I have never thrown a rubber ball, what can I expect?
    Well on today's lane conditions you can expect very little hook out of it that's for sure
    unless you are bowling on completely bone dry conditions then you'll get a few boards
    hook out of it.

I see you're from Iowa what part are you from?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Cranker
    Chats: 0

It may make a good spare ball. From what I read, rubber has less friction than even plastic so should be able to throw it pretty straight.

I am smack in the middle east west, and 10 miles south of the MN border.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adam View Post
    I am smack in the middle east west, and 10 miles south of the MN border.
    Ahhh so you are way up in the northern part of the state up somewhere around
    Mason City or above I take it. I used to live in Davenport, IA years ago we have
    another member on here who just moved to Iowa he goes by the name Aslan I
    think he moved to the Des Moines area.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Yeah, west of Mason, east of Spencer. Further north than both of them.

Here is a pic of it mostly shined up. Going to do a final polish tomorrow before we go to the lanes. I re-engraved the brunswick B to make it deeper and added the old lady's name while I was at it. I will show you those pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Grizzly Adam; 09-07-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Well if I could post a pic here I would...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    It may make a good spare ball. From what I read, rubber has less friction than even plastic so should be able to throw it pretty straight.
    I'm not so sure they had less friction plastic ones. My first ball was rubber with a conventional grip, and it probably hooked 2 boards in 60 feet. Back then among recreational bowlers it seemed there were only two styles; hard and straight at the pocket or the big slow hook. And big meant it went from 15 out to 5 and back to the pocket.
    John

Well, the lanes were about as dry as possible, I only noticed a splotch of oil on my ball twice over two games. She hit a little more oil than I did, but she is a right handed hooker (LOL) and I am a straight lefty. She got about three boards of hook with the rubber ball and found some fairly consistent bowling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast