Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had my first lesson today.

Chats: 1

Default Had my first lesson today.

Stopped at Wayne Webb's Columbus Bowl today, and had a lesson with Tom Carter. In just an hour he was able to show me how jacked up my form is, and the rev and speed increase I can get if I do things the right way. Needless to say I've got a lot of practice to do but I'm confident I can get it down.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Congratulations! You've made the most important first step in bowling... it will only get better from here.

That's great man!!! Keep us posted on your progress!!! I need to get one myself lol.

NO coach for me! My approach/delivery has been so goofy for so long...I can't change it! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    NO coach for me! My approach/delivery has been so goofy for so long...I can't change it! Lol
    Sorry, dude, but this is dumbest post I've ever seen! Coaches are trained to fix the goofiest approaches, but you can never fix it if you don't try.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Sorry, dude, but this is dumbest post I've ever seen! Coaches are trained to fix the goofiest approaches, but you can never fix it if you don't try.
    Lol...that's ok...not as serious as some of the folks here or trying to go pro anytime soon...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I respectfully disagree Rob. If some one really believes that they can't change, they would be wasting their money and the coaches time on lessons. While you and I both know that bowlers with decades of experiance can learn new things, unless there is a belief that they can change and a willingness to put in the effort, it doesn't happen.

I think that for many bowlers the relative ease of the THS as well as that era when it seemed like getting a new ball was quickest way to raise your average, leaves little motivation to work with a coach.
    John

I'm sorry to cause waves. I was trying to joke. I am not anti-coach. But I also have to laugh when someone asks for some advice and everyone says "get a coach!" I don't believe that's a realistic answer considering this is not a pro bowling forums.
    For us basic schmoes looking for some pointers we can't all afford or have access to a coach. This doesn't mean I don't have any faith in myself or learning new things. Not everything has to be so serious!!!

John: don't worry about it. As you can see from my other post, it's not really worth fretting over. I really should learn to keep my mouth shut. LOL

Lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast