Thread: Ball Polish

Default Ball Polish

I bought a bottle of Storm Reacta Shine to try out. How many games can you expect to get out of a single application? I'm sure it varies but does any one have any experience with this stuff?

Do you have a ball spinner? If not, it probably won't last long. You can only do so good by hand.

Chats: 32

Eddy is correct. Make sure you hit the ball with 1000 grit or 500 preferably with an abaron pad then apply every 6 games or so if doing by hand
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Good afternoon, One thing before you apply the polish soak the ball in some dawn and hot tap water,to get out all the soaked in oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Good afternoon, One thing before you apply the polish soak the ball in some dawn and hot tap water,to get out all the soaked in oil.
    Thanks! I didnt even think about getting out the oil first.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Eddy is correct. Make sure you hit the ball with 1000 grit or 500 preferably with an abaron pad then apply every 6 games or so if doing by hand
    Ok. I dont have a ball spinner but I guess i will give it a try for fun.

Santos, I've been using Reacta Shine for quite a while now. I use it on Storm's Lights Out, Hy-Road and Byte bowling balls by hand. That's what Storm recommends for these balls. I seldom use any sanding pads on these, but I've used a Food Dehydrator type ball oven on them every now and then. Maybe once or twice a year. The first time I had the Hy-Road sweat oil for about an hour before no more came out. Take a used tee shirt and dampen it a little. Then put some of the polish on the ball. Not too much so that you can cover a third of the cover of the ball and keep rubbing it until the ball is nice a shiny. You'll have fun doing it until your arm gets tired. Do the entire ball. You'll be just fine...
    Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Santos, I've been using Reacta Shine for quite a while now. I use it on Storm's Lights Out, Hy-Road and Byte bowling balls by hand. That's what Storm recommends for these balls. I seldom use any sanding pads on these, but I've used a Food Dehydrator type ball oven on them every now and then. Maybe once or twice a year. The first time I had the Hy-Road sweat oil for about an hour before no more came out. Take a used tee shirt and dampen it a little. Then put some of the polish on the ball. Not too much so that you can cover a third of the cover of the ball and keep rubbing it until the ball is nice a shiny. You'll have fun doing it until your arm gets tired. Do the entire ball. You'll be just fine...
    Good luck...
    Thanks for the tips, I will give it a go!