Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JaxBowlingGuy 17/18 League Scores

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Default JaxBowlingGuy 17/18 League Scores

League season is upon us again. We had our second night last night but I'll fill in on the first week.

Week 1

Came out strong with a 256. Had a pocket 7 in the fifth frame and went through the nose first Ball of tenth leaving the 3-6-10. Converted both and struck the rest of the game.

Game two I shot 219 with a washout open in the fifth and then leaving the 6-7-10 split the second Ball in the tenth.

Game three was a 189 with 3 splits which were not converted. The lanes got a little jumpy this game.

Week 2:

Started with a 226 after splitting the first frame. Also had two pocket ringing 10 pins.

Game 2 was a 224 with two pocket 10s, stone 9, and a little high for a 4. Converted all and kept a clean game.

Game 3 was like last week with the lanes getting a little jumpy. Shot 192 with a few single pin spares and a 3-4-6-7 split.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Not a bad way to start the season!!

Chats: 4

Looks like you're off to a great start to me I'd be happy if I
    can match or even get close to those scores the first 2 weeks
    when our league starts next week.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks,

Down greatly from last year though. Been trying to take as much time away from bowling as possible as I have torn the meniscus in my slide knee. Same point last year I was at 234 average so I'm about 17 pins down. If I can carry a 215-220 this year given the pains I'll call it a success

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Week 3

Game 1
    This game was all about carry (or lack of). I had three pocket 10 pins and one pocket 7 pin. Converted all and struck the other shots for a 228.

Game 2
    Started with a pocket 10 pin and then frame two went wide leaving the 1-2-4. Converted both spares. After that I went back 10 strikes for a 277.

Game 3
    The third game has been my kryptonite all year so far and this one didn't steer from the norm. The Ball began to get a little jumpy on me this game resulting in a split (4-6-7). Also had a few other single pin leaves with one being a 10 pin that I missed (first single pin miss for the season). Finished with a 201 which was disappointing given the look I had the first two games.

228-277-201
    706 series

Current average 223

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

League Week 4

Game one started strong with the first five strikes. Then pocket 9 pin. Spared then doubled before a ringing 10. Spared then closed the tenth with a strike and spare for 248.

Game two I went front 7 before letting off my ball speed causing it to jump through the nose for a split. Opened on the split then threw the next three strikes and a seven count to finish the tenth with a 260.

Game three started with three spares (one being another stone 9). Made a Ball change to clear the heads a little easier and threw the next 6 strikes before leaving another stone 9 (3rd of night) the first Ball of the tenth. Spared and struck on full shot for a 243.

All in all it was a good night. Hopefully this will be the beginning of getting out of my third game slump.

248-260-243
    751 series

230.25 current average

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Great bowling keep it up!!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Week 5 league:

I feel as though I left a lot on the lanes tonight but looking back I had 4 opens with 2 of those being splits. I was also 9/9 in the tenth frames for strikes. Overall it wasn't a horrible night, but it was my lowest so far this season.

Game 1 shot 196 with 8 strikes with 2 opens (1 was a split). I chopped the 3 off the 3-6 by pure lack of focus. Also sprinkled in a couple spares.

Game 2 was a 194 with 7 strikes and 2 opens (1 being a split. The other open was flagging a 8 pin where the ball just jumped on me. Had 3 spares to go along with it.

Game 3 was better with a 243. This game consisted of 8 strikes and 4 spares.

196-194-243
    633 series

Average is down to 226

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

League week 6

I have one word for tonight... Carry. I seemed to be lacking that tonight in route to my lowest set at this center in over a year. I know and understand what caused it but it's no excuse. I should have made better moves earlier. I had 14 single pin leaves, 2 splits and 1 multi pin leave across the 3 games.

Game 1 I absolutely started with the wrong ball and throwing 2 splits in the first 3 frames. After that it was carry with five 9 counts to finish with a 171 (lowest game of season)

Game 2 was more of the same with carry even after changing balls. Had another five 9 counts and another last ball of tenth frame for 195. (No tap 300 though lol)

Game 3 I was determined to find carry and went to my strongest Ball and moved very deep inside (35) and played a tighter line to the pocket. This game was slightly better with six strikes, four 9 counts and one 8 count. For a 205

Over all not the best of nights by any means but I'll be back next week strong.

171-195-205
    571 series
    Average fell another 6 pins to 220

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Week 7 League

Game 1 the right lane seemed to have it out for me. With only 1 strike the whole game on it. Over all I was able to salvage a 195 with 6 strikes, 4 spares and 1 split (open)

Game 2 was better. Ended with 10 strikes, 1 spare and 1 split (open) for 247.

Game 3 was clean with 8 strikes and 3 spares for another solid 246.

195-247-246
    688 series
    Average up 1 to 221

Hope to keep momentum into next week which is the last week before the first quarter position week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast