Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaving 5 Pin - Lefty Straight

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Take Mark Roth for example some
    times he'd take 5 steps sometimes he'd take 6 or more
    steps
    If he did, it's because he's been bowling since he was born. You haven't. Comparing the best pros vs. average joe means nothing.

I just got home after bowling three games-- all with the 16lb Axis. The first game it felt like the ball was throwing me around a little bit, but things smoothed out in the second and even more so in the third game. My shoulder held up good and is touch sore, but it's good sore-- like after I do my rehab exercises. The only five pins that I had issue were on the Wii when I was loosening up before we headed out :P

All in all, I quick liked the ball and I look forward to using it again the weekend.

Chats: 4

Just take it easy on that shoulder for a while until
    you get used to throwing the heavier ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I am. I actually took the day off work after putting in a bunch of extra hours last week. I took quite a bit of extra time to stretch and loosen up the arm all day and really worked to get my body ready and up to the task.

I forgot to mention in my last post, I only saw a slight drop in speed. I rolled between 17.2 and 17.5 all night, so my three step approach is still giving me plenty of ball speed.

Chats: 32

First off if you can make it work do what suits you. The disadvantage to the three step is to be on time the ball has to start first which is a difficult timing mechanism to master. The 4 or more step approach trigger with the footstep so it is easier to keep in time. Many PBA bowlers can use multiple step approaches as needed. A 4, step approach does allow easier change up a 4,5,6, our all the same approach with just a step added or removed.

Ball Speed really isn't determined by the length or number of steps in the approach but by the speed of the feet and length and speed of the arm swing.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I bowled my best game since the Achilles tear tonight. Actually since the week before the tear, but that was due to Independence Day weekend being all cosmic all the time and the arrows were invisible under that lighting. Game 1 was a little rough, I am still working on getting my accuracy up with the heavier ball. By the 2nd game I was starting to feel it. If there would have been a game three, I think it would have been even better. I am getting comfortable with the heavier weight, my shoulder is feeling good. There was no game three this week because we had all the kids with and that gets expensive fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12