Thread: Do most most women's leagues not Sanction/Certify? ?

Chats: 0

Default Do most most women's leagues not Sanction/Certify? ?

I have been having a very hard time finding a sanctioned league in the bowling alley I usually bowl in. Was told most women's leagues aren't sanctioned because the women don't bowl in tournaments. That sounds bogus to me but can anyone comment?

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    I have been having a very hard time finding a sanctioned league in the bowling alley I usually bowl in. Was told most women's leagues aren't sanctioned because the women don't bowl in tournaments. That sounds bogus to me but can anyone comment?
    Maybe in your area. I think most of the leagues near me are sanctioned. I just looked on Bowl.com at the leagues uploading standing sheets for Cleveland and there really aren't that many and no women's leagues.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Maybe in your area. I think most of the leagues near me are sanctioned. I just looked on Bowl.com at the leagues uploading standing sheets for Cleveland and there really aren't that many and no women's leagues.
    Just something to note, Not everyone uploads standing sheets to bowl.com. You might also check leaguesecretary.com.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 55

Most all of our leagues are certified, including the women's and morning leagues. The only ones that aren't are usually the "Get Your Gear" and the 9-pin tap. It could have a lot to do with most of our alleys being Bowlmor, too.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

HMMMM. Interesting comment about Leaguesecretary.com. The leagues there are most definitely mixed. I am a league secretary that uploads there. I know most of the leagues from the alleys I bowl in are NOT sanctioned. So just because they are uploaded there does not mean they are sanctioned. I guess you could check each league individually to see if it was sanctioned.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    HMMMM. Interesting comment about Leaguesecretary.com. The leagues there are most definitely mixed. I am a league secretary that uploads there. I know most of the leagues from the alleys I bowl in are NOT sanctioned. So just because they are uploaded there does not mean they are sanctioned. I guess you could check each league individually to see if it was sanctioned.
    When I mentioned leaguesecretary.com, I did not mean to imply that uploading there meant they we're certified (or not). Just that not all leagues upload to bowl.com.

On L.S. You would have to check each league individually to see if they were certified or not.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker