Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 299 today

Default 299 today

OK, it was open bowling, but it is still my all time high. On the last ball I left a solid 10 pin. Even though it doesn't count for anything, I proved to myself I'm physically capable of throwing a 300. I was in the total zone, stroking it beautifully.

I decided today to uncup my wrist throughout the delivery, and just follow through, also slightly slowing down my approach. I think I'm gonna keep trying this.

Btw, I was using a highly polished #15 Hammer Cherry Vibe.
    Last edited by Eddy; 09-16-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Chats: 4

Good shooting keep up the good work even though it was open
    bowling and it doesn't count as a honor score it is still a 299
    game no matter what.

At least now you know that you are capable of shooting that
    high of a game it will give you the confidence to maybe also
    do it in a league for an honor score.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Good shooting keep up the good work even though it was open
    bowling and it doesn't count as a honor score it is still a 299
    game no matter what.

At least now you know that you are capable of shooting that
    high of a game it will give you the confidence to maybe also
    do it in a league for an honor score.
    Thanks. Yeah, I've always felt that if you can't do it in open bowling, then you probably won't do it in league/tournaments. I think the mental part of it is going to be the hardest. I was actually a tiny bit nervous on the last ball, despite there being no one else around to witness it. I did however, take a pic of the scoreboard and send it to my bowling friends to make them jealous. I don't think I've ever been more locked in to the shot. Let's hope it carries over to my league play.

On a side note, the game before I had my first legit chance at a Dutch 200. Guess what I wound up with? Yep. 199. Not complaining though, as a day like today can only help build confidence going forward. Confidence and the mental game means a lot.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I've always felt that if you can't do it in open bowling, then you probably won't do it in league/tournaments. I think the mental part of it is going to be the hardest. I was actually a tiny bit nervous on the last ball, despite there being no one else around to witness it. I did however, take a pic of the scoreboard and send it to my bowling friends to make them jealous. I don't think I've ever been more locked in to the shot. Let's hope it carries over to my league play.

On a side note, the game before I had my first legit chance at a Dutch 200. Guess what I wound up with? Yep. 199. Not complaining though, as a day like today can only help build confidence going forward. Confidence and the mental game means a lot.
    Dutch 200s are kind of cool but meaningless except as proof that pairs of lanes are not identical twins.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Dutch 200s are kind of cool but meaningless except as proof that pairs of lanes are not identical twins.
    But it still would've been kinda cool to have a Dutch 200 and a 300 on the same day.

And as far as the lanes not being the same, yeah I figured that out and made the adjustments. But to be honest I kinda wanted a Dutch 200 just because I never had one before.
    Last edited by Eddy; 09-16-2017 at 06:51 PM.

I've had numerous Dutch 200 games in league and quite a few
    triplicate games during league years ago you got a patch/key
    ring for them but you get nothing for them now days except the
    satisfaction of knowing you did it.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I've had numerous Dutch 200 games in league and quite a few
    triplicate games during league years ago you got a patch/key
    ring for them but you get nothing for them now days except the
    satisfaction of knowing you did it.
    I hear ya. But you have to realize I haven't bowled in 20 years. I've been practicing for about 2 months for my "comeback". I feel good. I feel that my maturity will help me. I've dealt with a lot of BS over the years as most of us have. I'm trying to use my maturity as an advantage. We'll see where it goes. I know there are a lot of great bowlers out there. But then I ask my self, why not me?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I know there are a lot of great bowlers out there. But then I ask my self, why not me?
    That's the spirit just keep thinking yeah why not you that is one thing that is
    key in bowling having the right attitude and having the right mindset and do
    not ever get down on yourself.

Before you know it you could become one of those great bowlers yourself.

I took a little over 12 years off from bowling myself because of a back
    injury and only came back to the game in 2011 and I'm nowhere as
    good as I once was but I keep saying to myself keep at it you'll get
    there again (maybe) LOL!!!!
    Bill

That's the spirit just keep thinking yeah why not you that is one thing that is
    key in bowling having the right attitude and having the right mindset and do
    not ever get down on yourself.

Before you know it you could become one of those great bowlers yourself.

I took a little over 12 years off from bowling myself because of a back
    injury and only came back to the game in 2011 and I'm nowhere as
    good as I once was but I keep saying to myself keep at it you'll get
    there again (maybe) LOL!!!!
    It sucks to have an injury. And to be realistic, only the young are free of injury. Back injuries can be the worst. And are the most common injury. I think knees are second....

I enjoy your energy for bowling Eddy!!! I also just came back after 20+ years away. I kick myself for not coming back sooner. I share your excitement and desire to do well! I wanted to join a fall league but I guess I talked myself out of it. Congrats on the 299!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast