Thread: Columbia 300 Scout Reactive: What Decade?

Default Columbia 300 Scout Reactive: What Decade?

Hey guys, got a ball I am looking at for the old lady. Supposed only used on two bowling trips, this should be an upgrade for her. Does anyone know when this ball was retailed? I am guessing 2001 or 2011, but I don't know a lot about the design timelines. Anyway, for $5 and close to home it looks like a solid deal to me.

The previous owner thinks 2011 sounds about right, but the wayback machine says the ball was already D/C'd by then so it must be 2001. Gave her $5 and came home and cleaned it up.

Last edited by Grizzly Adam; 09-24-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Chats: 4

I'm thinking that ball was released somewhere around 2011-
    2012 somewhere around that time frame.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I was really hoping to have a report about this ball by now, but the old lady has been sick for four days now and can barely get off the couch. Maybe she will make a recovery soon, otherwise it will have to wait until next week.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adam View Post
    I was really hoping to have a report about this ball by now, but the old lady has been sick for four days now and can barely get off the couch. Maybe she will make a recovery soon, otherwise it will have to wait until next week.
    What kind of report did you want? You only asked about when it was made.

It appears to be a Columbia Scout Purple, It was USBC approved May 2000.

You can read more about it here:
    http://123bowl.com/bowling-balls/col.../scout-purple/

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I meant I was hoping to report back how it went. But as I said, she is sick and it's her ball so no report at this time. Thanks for the link, though. I appreciate it.