Diff: .055
    Coverstock: Solid Reactive
    Factory Finish: 2000 Grit Abralon with Factory Finish

***Drill Specs***
    Pattern: 40 x 4 x 40
    Driller - Cedrick Bell, Strike Zone Pro Shop @ McRay Lanes, Chandler, AZ

***Bowler Specs***
    Rev Rate: Approximately 350

Cedrick and I were interested in seeing what this ball could do when we got our hands on it, leading us to consider drilling it to be very long and very angular. This was the first Pyramid ball I have ever had and he had very limited experience with Pyramid and none with the Curse. After doing some more research and considering where it would fit in my arsenal we determined that this ball was likely more suited to be a benchmark ball than anything else (leading us to the 40 x 4 x 40 drill pattern).

***What I got out of this ball***
    Initially the first exposure I had with this ball was on sport patterns: 2017 USBC Masters Final, 2015 Roth/Holman Doubles, and 36' Stockholm. The ball performed extremely well on the Stockholm pattern and was much more controllable on the backend that I expected, there were no surprises with the ball throughout the reaction. With the Doubles pattern I will say that with the factory finish and this drill pattern the ball really struggled with the pattern length; taking off the polish and bringing it down to 2000 abralon was helpful but I would not recommend this ball on longer patterns. We all know the Masters final pattern is difficult and while I didn't score well this ball did what I needed it to do; it was extremely predictable and consistent so that I could read what the lanes wanted me to do.

Once fall leagues began I re-applied polish to the ball to bring it closer to the factor finish. With this combination on a THS I will say this is a wonderful benchmark ball, you can bring it out of the bag first to learn what the lanes are doing and it is versatile enough that you can use it on most house patterns. During this time, I also found out how responsive it is to hand position and speed adjustments. This ball is the first out of the bag and typically can stay in play for a long time. In 5 series on house shots (majority of time using this ball) I have 2 700s and 2 high 600s with 17 in a row to start on of the sets.

***Closing***
    I would be open to recommending the Pyramid Curse to anyone looking for a benchmark ball replacement, I feel it is the most predictable and readable ball I have ever thrown. I feel it is good for house shots and patterns where you need to try and control the backend (short patterns with lots of "free-hook) when drilled with a control or benchmark layout. I would not recommend this ball if you are looking for a piece to use on longer patterns in which front end roll is a premium (surface adjustments help, but there are better options). Also, I would like to thank Cedrick Bell at Strike Zone Pro Shop for spending the time to determine the plan of action when laying out this ball.

Disclosure: I did win this ball off of the BowlingBoards.com website, but I did not factor this in when conducting the review of this bowling ball.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Thanks for the review! Happy to hear that everything worked out for the most part! The Curse is an excellent benchmark ball, we agree! Hope it brings you continued success
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Awesome review! I am hopeful that I can be a winner of this ball on this week's contest! Definitely looks intriguing to use on the lanes and I will look to add a new ball to arsenal. Recent purchase was DV8 Creed, but have not purchased a new ball, aside from the Creed, since 2012, Evil Siege and Nexus Pearl. I two older balls, Black Widow Bite and Pearl, but my BW Bite just cracked on me. It was one of my more dependable balls.

Got off topic a bit, but great review and good bowling!

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    ***Ball Specs***
    Core: Symmetrical
    RG: 2.49
    Diff: .055
    Coverstock: Solid Reactive
    Factory Finish: 2000 Grit Abralon with Factory Finish

***Drill Specs***
    Pattern: 40 x 4 x 40
    Driller - Cedrick Bell, Strike Zone Pro Shop @ McRay Lanes, Chandler, AZ

***Bowler Specs***
    Rev Rate: Approximately 350

Cedrick and I were interested in seeing what this ball could do when we got our hands on it, leading us to consider drilling it to be very long and very angular. This was the first Pyramid ball I have ever had and he had very limited experience with Pyramid and none with the Curse. After doing some more research and considering where it would fit in my arsenal we determined that this ball was likely more suited to be a benchmark ball than anything else (leading us to the 40 x 4 x 40 drill pattern).

***What I got out of this ball***
    Initially the first exposure I had with this ball was on sport patterns: 2017 USBC Masters Final, 2015 Roth/Holman Doubles, and 36' Stockholm. The ball performed extremely well on the Stockholm pattern and was much more controllable on the backend that I expected, there were no surprises with the ball throughout the reaction. With the Doubles pattern I will say that with the factory finish and this drill pattern the ball really struggled with the pattern length; taking off the polish and bringing it down to 2000 abralon was helpful but I would not recommend this ball on longer patterns. We all know the Masters final pattern is difficult and while I didn't score well this ball did what I needed it to do; it was extremely predictable and consistent so that I could read what the lanes wanted me to do.

Once fall leagues began I re-applied polish to the ball to bring it closer to the factor finish. With this combination on a THS I will say this is a wonderful benchmark ball, you can bring it out of the bag first to learn what the lanes are doing and it is versatile enough that you can use it on most house patterns. During this time, I also found out how responsive it is to hand position and speed adjustments. This ball is the first out of the bag and typically can stay in play for a long time. In 5 series on house shots (majority of time using this ball) I have 2 700s and 2 high 600s with 17 in a row to start on of the sets.

***Closing***
    I would be open to recommending the Pyramid Curse to anyone looking for a benchmark ball replacement, I feel it is the most predictable and readable ball I have ever thrown. I feel it is good for house shots and patterns where you need to try and control the backend (short patterns with lots of "free-hook) when drilled with a control or benchmark layout. I would not recommend this ball if you are looking for a piece to use on longer patterns in which front end roll is a premium (surface adjustments help, but there are better options). Also, I would like to thank Cedrick Bell at Strike Zone Pro Shop for spending the time to determine the plan of action when laying out this ball.

Disclosure: I did win this ball off of the BowlingBoards.com website, but I did not factor this in when conducting the review of this bowling ball.