Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm

Default Storm

Is Storm "The Brand" right now. From the talk on here to watching as much bowling as I have lately, they seem the biggest.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I will agree that Storm is still "the brand" in regards to bowling equipment, but with that being said the stranglehold is not nearly what it was 5-10 years ago. That being said they still have the strongest presence of any company on the PBA/PWBA tours; with Belmonte, Weber, Duke, Svensson, McEwan, Kulick, Liz Johnson, Marshall Kent, Lavoie, just to name a few. With all of this though, we are seeing stronger competition coming from Motiv and Brunswick so this gap could continue to close - I just don't expect it to even out any time soon.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

I thougjt so...I started to pay more attention to what everyones throwing and it seems very stormy out there!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    I will agree that Storm is still "the brand" in regards to bowling equipment, but with that being said the stranglehold is not nearly what it was 5-10 years ago. - I just don't expect it to even out any time soon.
    Agree.

It's almost "too much" to the point that it's irritating. Storm seems to sponsor just about any bowler that bowls in a tournament...they are "everywhere". The fragarence thing is a popular gimmick (especially with chicks and new bowlers). They have much, much better marketing than any of the other brands. They have a much better product line (top-to-bottom).

But, like ALS said...they used to be everywhere in an almost sickening fashion. Then...I think their quality kinda declined a bit...and there seems to be much more momentum behind brands like Radical, DV8, Motiv, and Rotogrip. Hammer had a resurgence when they re-released the Black Widow...and they still seem to be riding that wave a bit. 900Global was rescued by Storm and Ebonite lost both Chris Barnes and Mark Baker to the 900 Global brand...and suddenly 900 Global was being talked about a great deal. Motiv was on the RISE...BIG TIME...then the Jackal scandal occurred...and that sort of took most of the air out of their balloon.

I'd say Rotogrip has the most momentum right now. I think Rotogrip could be the dominant brand IF the PBA started enforcing their brand usage better. If you watch all those Storm bowlers...most of them are throwing Rotogrip. I've said, for a long time, that the PBA should make bowlers bowl with ONLY the brand they are sponsored by. I think brands like Hammer, DV8, and Rotogrip would do really, really well...brands like Storm, Brusnwick, Columbia300, and Ebonite would decline.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Agree.

It's almost "too much" to the point that it's irritating. Storm seems to sponsor just about any bowler that bowls in a tournament...they are "everywhere". The fragarence thing is a popular gimmick (especially with chicks and new bowlers). They have much, much better marketing than any of the other brands. They have a much better product line (top-to-bottom).

But, like ALS said...they used to be everywhere in an almost sickening fashion. Then...I think their quality kinda declined a bit...and there seems to be much more momentum behind brands like Radical, DV8, Motiv, and Rotogrip. Hammer had a resurgence when they re-released the Black Widow...and they still seem to be riding that wave a bit. 900Global was rescued by Storm and Ebonite lost both Chris Barnes and Mark Baker to the 900 Global brand...and suddenly 900 Global was being talked about a great deal. Motiv was on the RISE...BIG TIME...then the Jackal scandal occurred...and that sort of took most of the air out of their balloon.

I'd say Rotogrip has the most momentum right now. I think Rotogrip could be the dominant brand IF the PBA started enforcing their brand usage better. If you watch all those Storm bowlers...most of them are throwing Rotogrip. I've said, for a long time, that the PBA should make bowlers bowl with ONLY the brand they are sponsored by. I think brands like Hammer, DV8, and Rotogrip would do really, really well...brands like Storm, Brusnwick, Columbia300, and Ebonite would decline.
    I saw that as well. I assumed that a bowler being sponsored by any company would only use their brand exclusively. I was surprised that they also use other brands.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Rotogrip is a branch of Storm, so storm bowlers can use roto.

Just as DV8 is a branch of Brunswick

Columbia300, Track, Hammer, Dynothane are all owned by Ebonite

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Rotogrip is a branch of Storm, so storm bowlers can use roto.

Just as DV8 is a branch of Brunswick

Columbia300, Track, Hammer, Dynothane are all owned by Ebonite
    Well...how bout that?

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Have also seen a Storm member with a 900GLOBAL Ball too so they may be opening that option this year too.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Storm may out advertise the competition, but as far as the technology goes, every brand has its gems and duds

I'm not knocking Storm by any means. I just think people should look at all the options.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Chats: 0

The balls might be made in USA but all the other crap storm sells is made in China..wrist devices leather ball chamois, shoe's..all made in china and as many balls storm sells they just might have the sister company in overseas pouring the balls to keep up with the demand from the US market....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast