INNER CORE - Turbulent™
    COVERSTOCK - Hexion™ Reactive
    FINISH - 5500 Grit LSP
    RG RATING - 2.49 (15 lbs)
    RG DIFFERENTIAL - 0.54 (15 lbs)
    INT DIFFERENTIAL - .017 (15 lbs)
    FLARE POTENTIAL - 7"+

REACTION

The Trident Quest is a major step forward for the Motiv brand. This ball features a brand new chemical composition for the coverstock. Our new Hexion™ technology allows the ball to get through the heads with ease while providing a violent response to friction off the backend. When throwing the Trident Quest, I quickly noticed how easily it got down lane. When you have a ball that gives you shim with a fast response to friction, you end up with more miss room. When I got the ball out, it was able to recover and still go through the pins with plenty of energy. When I missed it, the ball glided through the heads in the heavier oil and still held pocket. While this result is dependent on the pattern, I must note I couldn't do this with any of my other equipment. This ball is going to be spectacular on house patterns because of the miss room bowlers will have. With that being said, it will also come to life and shine on longer sport patterns. With how easily it gets to the spot without reading early, this ball is going to see a lot of lane time at the WSOB. Especially on the Shark and Scorpion patterns.

VIDEO

COMPARISONS

The equipment used in comparison to the Trident Quest were the Jackal Ghost, Original Trident, and the Primal Fear. I took all the covers to 5500 polished to make the comparisons have the same finish. The Trident Quest holds its line and gets further down lane than the rest. Not only that, it's faster than all of the others. Predictably, the Ghost and Trident read earlier and have more overall hook potential than the Quest. On the other hand, the Primal Fear is similar in length, but just doesn't have the strength of response off the spot. The original Trident and the Trident Quest will be a great combination. Bowlers will be able to start with the Trident and when the heads start to go, they'll have a seamless transition into the Quest.

SUMMARY

The Trident Quest is a new direction for Motiv. With this new cover technology, we are able to produce a wider variety of shapes. The shape of the Trident Quest is something I have never had with a Motiv bowling ball. I don't have to manipulate my hand or move my feet to create hold. The length of cover does it for me. The results from our new technology is impressive. Whether it be an early and continuous motion like the Forza SS, or a long and explosive motion like the Trident Quest, the future of Motiv is looking great.

MOTIV STAFF MEMBER

Doug Anderson

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nice video!!