Rev Rate: 460
Speed: 17mph
Track: High
PAP: 5 1/2 > 3/4 ^

Ball Layouts:

1) 55x5.5x35 (Pin Above Bridge)
2) 80x5.5x60 (Pin Below Bridge)

Review:

The Trident Quest is a HUGE step forward for the Motiv brand! The all new Hexion™ Reactive coverstock is a fast response skid-flip shell that easily slips through the front of the lane to deliver an incredibly violent backend snap. This is something we have never seen before with Motiv and it fills a huge spot in the product line. I originally drilled up the pin up layout when I first got the ball to see how good this backend motion was, and boy I was suprised. The ball gets some traction in the first half of the lanes and still had the violent backend I was expecting with pins flying all over the place. I am able to use this ball all 3 games on a low-volume house shot, and transitioned with the lanes all the way until I was touching the ball return. The second layout, pin down, is still fairly fresh for me but gives me even more traction in the front of the lanes when they are slick without giving up any of the backend motion. I am so happy with this ball and I'm expecting these to come in handy with a few upcoming tournaments on sport conditions. The Quest is without a doubt one of my all-time favorites and I can't wait to see what else is going to revealed on our "Quest" at Motiv.

Scott "Scotty" Wiley
MOTIV & VISE Staff
D.Y.'s Pro Shop
Colorado Springs, CO / Pueblo, CO