Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Shoes

Default Bowling Shoes

How important are bowling shoes as far as better quality or changeable pads,etc? I have been using an older pair of Brunswick for quite some time. Is it a worthwhile investment or just a matter of preference? I bowl on wood lanes only.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    How important are bowling shoes as far as better quality or changeable pads,etc? I have been using an older pair of Brunswick for quite some time. Is it a worthwhile investment or just a matter of preference? I bowl on wood lanes only.
    In my opinion, the main advantage of changeable soles is for people who bowl at many different centers or for those who bowl at centers that are inconsistent in maintaining the approaches.
    John

Chats: 0

They are like tire's for a car lousy tires lousy handling...

Cranker

Shoes are pretty important, my first year in league I was using regular universal Dexter's and one night it rained all day and the my center was a sauna. I couldn't slide at all and bowled terrible. That week I order shoes with interchangeable soles and haven't had a problem since. Now I can adjust which soles to wear depending on the conditions.

Chats: 32

A good quality pair of single soled shoes will take care of most bowlers but there aren't that many out there. Mostly its the ones that have both with slide soles which I don't like much so you end upp buying the ones with changeable soles anyway. If you plan on bowling regularly it's a good investment anyway
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Agreed with everyone else. It is not totally necessary to have interchangeable soles but is a big plus for bowling at different centers or as JasonNJ stated, if it is overly humid in your center It is worth the investment!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Pin Crusher

Or if you are able learn to bowl without sliding. Buy a comfortable pair of sneakers for bowling only and you never have to worry about the approaches again. You have enough to worry about without having trouble with the approaches.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Or if you are able learn to bowl without sliding. Buy a comfortable pair of sneakers for bowling only and you never have to worry about the approaches again. You have enough to worry about without having trouble with the approaches.
    Sounds like a recipe for my next knee surgery to me but whatever works for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Yeah..my wife's gonna freak when i give her a xmas list...lol
    New shoes, new bag, a new ball...........or two

I've owned 5 pairs of bowling shoes, SST 8's x 2, SST 6's x 2, and Turbo's (dexters)..... years ago when bowled a lot of tournaments and travel league. What I did too was cut the soles in a certain way (half) and combined the soles. This was years before dexters came up with the odd number soles.

Anyway, when I reduced my bowling to one league/house... my Turbo's $25-$30?? were enough for my bowling needs. What I did though was take my right shoe to a shoe shop and had them put a rubber sole to push off/grip the approaches. $10. then when the heel wore out, replaced that with one extra sole I had in my SST shoe box. $8.. if it got sticky, go to the side patio and dump cigarette ashes and rubbed my sole lol.. much safer than that Easy slide or baby powder...

If you're wondering, I own the same SST 8's..... I should of kept the SST 6's, especially with the ridiculous prices of these shoes today...
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast