Thread: Kids layout

Default Kids layout

What is a good way to tell if a child is ready for a finger tip ball. Is there a certain amount of control they should have. Or better to wait until the approach is more developed? Thinking about a new ball for my daughter for xmas. She mentioned wanting a finger tip so I was just curious.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    What is a good way to tell if a child is ready for a finger tip ball. Is there a certain amount of control they should have. Or better to wait until the approach is more developed? Thinking about a new ball for my daughter for xmas. She mentioned wanting a finger tip so I was just curious.
    I think most pro shop operators have their own criteria for when a child is ready for a finger tip grip, and wil strongly discourage you if they don’t think your child is ready for one.

Another thought is to set a standard that your daughter would have to meet before she could get the new ball.
    John

Yeah, I think she might not be ready yet. I am trying to not let the excited, proud daddy in me get ahead of the game. I am just happy someone else in the family enjoys the game as much as I do!

Chats: 0

Try checking out the Viz-a- balls on Bowlingball.com they have a few good choices for girls..

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I have 4 daughters from age 6 to 11 and I got them all bowling balls this past summer. My PSO told me to keep them in a conventional grip for now because there is not enough space between the fingers to add finger grips and he said for kids, they should use grips on a fingertip drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I have 4 daughters from age 6 to 11 and I got them all bowling balls this past summer. My PSO told me to keep them in a conventional grip for now because there is not enough space between the fingers to add finger grips and he said for kids, they should use grips on a fingertip drilling.
    Thanks, i didnt even think of that. She does have little hands. The span probably would not work.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Thanks, i didnt even think of that. She does have little hands. The span probably would not work.
    When it comes to fitting children , there are many different views on just how it should be done. Mo Pinel also says Young children should be using conventional grips. No inserts.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker