Thread: Chip's Bowling Scores

Chats: 2

Default Chip's Bowling Scores

Recently bowled a mixed doubles tourney in Cheyenne this past weekend. Shot was a ton of oil, on the Kegel Recreational Pattern "Great Wall of China". 48 feet, high volume.

Only had 7 scratch teams there, and ended up with a bye the first round of match play.

First game out, go front 6, 4 pin whiff, off the sheet for 267. Then got caught a bit in the breakdown, go clean 197.

On to the next match.

Next match I start off well with a clean 208, followed by a clean 202. That put me and my partner in the finals the following day.

First match of finals, had a great look. Start off with 227, followed by 198. My partner missed 3 4-pins, we lost the match by 13 pins.

So, move pairs, bowl another set. First game, I go 219, followed by 197. My partner went lights out the first game (256), followed by a frustrating 127. However, we had won the match by 19 pins, and therefore were champions of the Wyoming Mixed Doubles on the Scratch Side.

Ended up averaging 214 and change on a pattern that would test your patience. Threw my Storm Timeless for the most part all day on Saturday, and Phaze II almost exclusively on Sunday.

Played the lanes pretty direct, lay down was around 5, over 8 to the break point. Keep in mind, I'm around a 400 rev rate, 19.5-20 mph off my hand. Conditions were rough, but fireballs prevailed this time!
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

So, for those that don't know yet, I bowl in probably the toughest house in Wyoming. Never know what kind of oil you're going to get (even though it's supposed to be the same pattern on every night), plus we have Twister pins (plastic, don't carry for nothing). We will pick this up with week 4 of my 2 leagues I bowl on.

Tuesday: Start the night off decent. 208 while throwing a Rotogrip Hot Cell. 2nd game, threw the ball decent, just couldn't carry, 1 open 193. At the end of the 2nd game, I noticed that the outsides were flying and the heads started to get a bit jumpy, so I switched to my Timeless. Threw that for the 3rd game and moved way inside. 219. Finished the night at 620.

Wednesday: Started the night off the same way as the night before, with a minor angle adjustment. First game with the Hot Cell, 223. Had a really good look, just had to follow the migration. Second game, missed a couple of easy spares and an adjustment, 183. Last game, tried to make the adjustment to the Timeless, but the outsides were far too jumpy. Threw it for 2 frames and just didn't like what I was seeing. So, I grabbed the Hot Cell again and moved left....WAY left (27 at the arrows out to about 7). BOOM. Ended up with a couple of carry issues a few frames, but never missed the pocket. 215. Finished the night out at 621.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl

Last night was rough at Pla Mor. Had one grinded out 611. 211-186-214. Only had 3 opens on the night, all coming in the first 2 games. 3rd game was clean and grinded out. Last game, left two 10 pins, a 9, an 8, a 4, and then a fast 8 in the 9th frame. That should put me up right at 200 smooth on my tuesday night league as I was at 198.9 going into last night. Hopefully tonight will go a little better.

Forgot to update from last week.

Tuesday Night: Threw the ball decent, had some carry issues though. 3 open 625.
    Wednesday Night: Once again, drilled the pocket all night, but had some issues with my plastic ball jumping about 4-5 boards while shooting at 10 pins. Too many opens with a big 2nd game, resulted in a 588 (153-246-189)
    Friday Night: I ended up subbing for someone Friday night, and everything felt great. 3 decent games led to a great set (667). Decided to bowl our drop in league (high-low doubles format). Struggled with some carry issues on a pretty blown up pair of lanes. Ended up shooting 598 with 4 opens (3 of which were splits)