Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting loose...

Default Getting loose...

My form always seems to be better in my first game. During the first game the ball always feels heavy and I am stiffer so I am moving at a consistent slower tempo. When I get looser, I guess I get faster and sloppy. As the ball gets lighter I guess it gets easier to muscle the ball as well. Anyone else?

Chats: 0

A man's got to know his limitations..

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    My form always seems to be better in my first game. During the first game the ball always feels heavy and I am stiffer so I am moving at a consistent slower tempo. When I get looser, I guess I get faster and sloppy. As the ball gets lighter I guess it gets easier to muscle the ball as well. Anyone else?
    I have the same exact problem. My teammates will sometimes tell me to skip practice. But now that i have been bowling in more tournaments lately i've been practicing practicing lol. what i've been trying to do lately is after my 3 game set. A buddy of mine that i've been bowling with for 10+ years will go and throw another set right after to work on endurance, muscle memory, and we will watch each other to relay what he sees or how i felt throwing the ball and try to fine tune our games so we don't get sloppy on the loose end. My game is already starting to improve.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

When I get looser, I guess I get faster and sloppy.
    Faster & Sloppy Those are the problems. Fix: Practice speed control and not being sloppy when you get loose.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

There's a reason why I stretch out at work before heading to my truck and to leagues. Do jumping jacks or jog in place to get the blood flowing for at least a minute or two. Or 50 jumping jacks. Then I stretch out hands, fingers, arms, legs, and hips. 5 minutes of stretching at least.

When the lights come on, I never take a full approach. I always take an easy one step approach and feel my hand come off the ball with an easy relaxed swing. I have to get the feel of my release and the slower ball speed helps with reading the lanes. I do this a couple of times, then take a full approach with my spare ball going for the corners. I go for the pocket once or twice on each lane. If the lanes are playing differently, then my shadow bowling routine changes. But, what doesn't change is the stretching. Oh, and swinging the swing trainer which is 8-10lbs.?

The house shot almost always plays the same, especially with the Flex walkers each bowling centers have where I bowl leagues. Those high tech lane machines are accurate vs. the old wick ones they had.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

I am definitely going to add stretching to my pregame. Back,arms,and legs....probably squeeze a tennis ball as well. My grips has gotten weaker with age.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I am definitely going to add stretching to my pregame. Back,arms,and legs....probably squeeze a tennis ball as well. My grips has gotten weaker with age.

This should give you some ideas:

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Plus this one

Chris Barnes Warmup | USBC Bowling Academy

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Plus this one
    Chris Barnes Warmup | USBC Bowling Academy
    Awesome, thanks! I am definitely going to use these. I really l like Chris Barnes, he carries himself very well, true bowling professional.

I also discovered the tennis ball squeeze is great for warming up these aging digits!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast