Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting loose...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Awesome, thanks! I am definitely going to use these. I really l like Chris Barnes, he carries himself very well, true bowling professional.
    Yes and he appears in many of the USBC Academy videos.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

I coach a youth football team and before I start bowling, I go through the same stretches that I have them do before practice/games. Definitely stretch the legs, hamstrings, groin area, lower back, shoulders, wrist, the works. I'm only 29, but if I don't stretch before I bowl, man am I sore after. Also, try to incorporate some core routine into your daily lifestyle (planks, plank jacks etc), your body will love it after it gets used to it
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

I used to have a tennis ball, the rubber sand ball thing you squeeze from Dick's sporting goods, and the grip tension squeeze thingy in my truck. Great way to loosen up your hand joints and muscles.

I also used to have the wrist forearm strengthener in my truck as well. Great tools to work out before league. Don't use it while driving though.

https://www.amazon.com/Sportneer-Str...m+strengthener
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    I also discovered the tennis ball squeeze is great for warming up these aging digits!
    Yes squeezing a tennis ball does help strengthen your grip.

Quote bowlingball.com:
    Developing a stronger grip can be as easy as squeezing a tennis ball or a handball repeatedly every day and multiple times each day. If you begin squeezing one of these type balls about fifty times, three times each day, in a month’s time your grip will strengthen which will help you handle the weight of a bowling ball.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

I am usually the opposite The first game historically is always lower because I feel tight rolling the ball early on but as I progress everything just feels smoother and my targeting and overall approach get better and more consistent. Maybe its my age I dunno...

"My form always seems to be better in my first game. During the first game the ball always feels heavy and I am stiffer so I am moving at a consistent slower tempo. When I get looser, I guess I get faster and sloppy. As the ball gets lighter I guess it gets easier to muscle the ball as well. Anyone else?" santos314

Not me. My first game is always the worst one. When I get looser later on, I'm much more able to adjust to what I need to do. But that's just me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12