Thread: Back on the boards!

Default Back on the boards!

Hey everybody! I know it's been quite a while since I've been here, but the summer has been an extremely long one.

As you know, I had my left knee replaced back in March, and in April I had to have it manipulated because I had a ton of scar tissue.

Unfortunately, the manipulation didn't work as well as was hoped, because at the end of November I have to have the knee scoped to get rid of the scar tissue.

Fortunately, it hasn't affected my bowling. In fact I've been better. I'm currently averaging 200+ in my leagues right now.

In May, my partner and I took 2nd place in the Southern Nevada Senior Doubles, and here in September I won my division in the Southern Nevada Senior Singles (925 scratch, 1072 w/hdcp).

But, during the summer my wife had double spinal fusion, which actually went extremely well.

Problem was, the hospital was over medicating her and she had major fluid retention and almost died.

Thankfully, she's so much better now and is getting better everyday and was back to work 6 weeks after the surgery.

I am now totally focused on my bowling again, and I'm still on staff with Brunswick, and Lane Side Reviews as the official Las Vegas representative.

I am also now a Regional Staffer with Creating The Difference here in Vegas.

I certainly have a lot of bowling ahead as well.

In November I'm doing a sweeper on a 35ft flat pattern at the South Point Senior Shootout.

In January I have the South Nevada USBC Doubles tournament and Andrea Petraglia (Johnny's wife) will be my partner.

In March I have the SO NV USBC Open and Johnny Petraglia will be a partner.

In May I have the SO NV Senior Doubles.

And then the biggie comes in June when I do the USBC Senior Masters and try my luck against some of the greatest bowlers, like PDW, WRW, Jr., Petraglia, Sr., Norm Duke. You get the picture.

MAYBE I'll get on here more often, now that things have calmed down.

Wow, that's really awesome! I'm glad you're back into the swing of things and your wife and you are doing well. Keep us posted about how you're bowling, and things in general.

Thank you sir 😊

While it was tough not bowling in leagues during the summer, and I could have, it was best that I didn't. I never figured my Doc would let me bowl in May, so I used the time to practice and get ready for the 17-18 season, and it has certainly paid off.

Heck, I even added 2 more balls to the arsenal. 2 hybrids, the Vandal Destroy and the Radical Cyclops, and these are THE BEST hybrids out there!

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Thank you sir ��

While it was tough not bowling in leagues during the summer, and I could have, it was best that I didn't. I never figured my Doc would let me bowl in May, so I used the time to practice and get ready for the 17-18 season, and it has certainly paid off.

Heck, I even added 2 more balls to the arsenal. 2 hybrids, the Vandal Destroy and the Radical Cyclops, and these are THE BEST hybrids out there!
    Sounds like you're all set. Excuse my ignorance, and I know I can look it up, but what are the advantages of a hybrid? I'm just getting back into bowling after 20 years off. I used to bowl several nights a week, and am no stranger, but a lot has changed since then. Btw, I love Lane Side Reviews and subscribe to it on Youtube.

Thank you for subscribing to Lane Side Reviews. Personally, I'm proud to be the Vegas rep for them.

Hybrids give the best of both worlds. The read the front and mids like a solid, but they read the back ends like a pearl.

In the case of the Vandal Destroy, it is a bit stronger than the Radical Cyclops, but they are both extremely clean and are great off the spot.

And both of them can be used from beginning to end on league nights, and even on 4 game sets for tournament play.

Chats: 0

We both had rough years, but we're both still bowling. Good luck to you this season. Keep going!

Hey glad to have you back - sounds like things are going better for you. Good luck in leagues and of course in the tournaments

Chats: 32

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear that it's been such a rough road but glad to see that it has worked out for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Wow, glad to hear that you and the Mrs. are okay!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Thank you all 😊

It's good to be back and to have things more to the normal side.

If nothing else, I'm not embarrassing on the lanes! lol