Thread: Updated Arsenal

Chats: 32

Default Updated Arsenal

I made the decision to switch from 15 pound equipment to 14 pounds this summer and I've finally updated the arsenal accordingly.

15 Lbs. Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone -----> 14 Lbs. Brunswick Quantum Black: This is my newest acquisition this ball is a little longer and stronger than the VDZ that I had I've only rolled about 10 games with it so far but it seems to have above average carry for me when it's playable the only down side I've found is it does require some oil for me with my lower speed but the VDZ was similar in that

15 Lbs. Brunswick Fanatic ------> 14 Lbs. Brunswick C Max: This is an older ball that was actually just drilled up as a test when I was switching to 14 lbs but it's turned into that perfect ball to throw when nothing else works. The ball has a great even roll and works fantastic when playing a tighter line

15 Lbs. Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl -------> 14 Lbs. Brunswick Ringer Solid: Well the VG Nano never worked for me outside of one tournament so at least it paid for itself but it spent most of it's time in the bag and not out. Unfortunately The Ringer may find itself in a similar boat I've yet to really like the way it rolls for me I bought it as a step down from the C max but even polished it's earlier than the C-Max. Not sure this one is going to stick around already changed the surface twice

14 Lbs Seismic Photon Torpedo -------> this one haven't thrown much yet close to the C-Max but more backend not really sure there's a good solid slot between the Quantum and the Cmax but the motion is different Ball seems to hit well since I changed the surface may add a bit more surface and give it a place in the bag.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I made the decision to switch from 15 pound equipment to 14 pounds this summer and I've finally updated the arsenal accordingly.

15 Lbs. Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone -----> 14 Lbs. Brunswick Quantum Black: This is my newest acquisition this ball is a little longer and stronger than the VDZ that I had I've only rolled about 10 games with it so far but it seems to have above average carry for me when it's playable the only down side I've found is it does require some oil for me with my lower speed but the VDZ was similar in that

15 Lbs. Brunswick Fanatic ------> 14 Lbs. Brunswick C Max: This is an older ball that was actually just drilled up as a test when I was switching to 14 lbs but it's turned into that perfect ball to throw when nothing else works. The ball has a great even roll and works fantastic when playing a tighter line

15 Lbs. Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl -------> 14 Lbs. Brunswick Ringer Solid: Well the VG Nano never worked for me outside of one tournament so at least it paid for itself but it spent most of it's time in the bag and not out. Unfortunately The Ringer may find itself in a similar boat I've yet to really like the way it rolls for me I bought it as a step down from the C max but even polished it's earlier than the C-Max. Not sure this one is going to stick around already changed the surface twice

14 Lbs Seismic Photon Torpedo -------> this one haven't thrown much yet close to the C-Max but more backend not really sure there's a good solid slot between the Quantum and the Cmax but the motion is different Ball seems to hit well since I changed the surface may add a bit more surface and give it a place in the bag.
    The Storm Virtual Gravity Nanos were one of those balls that you either loved or got rid of as soon as you could. I know that can be said of almost any ball, but it really seems to apply to this one. I really liked both of mine. My friends Lou and Carmen both think it was the worst Storm ball they ever threw.
    John

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The Storm Virtual Gravity Nanos were one of those balls that you either loved or got rid of as soon as you could. I know that can be said of almost any ball, but it really seems to apply to this one. I really liked both of mine. My friends Lou and Carmen both think it was the worst Storm ball they ever threw.
    In defense of the ball I purchased it before I understood ball motion very well. Knowing what I know now it wouldn't be something I would purchase for myself
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone