Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leagues...

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I’m in one. All I can physically handle after open heart surgery this summer. I’m averaging 205 so I’m doing ok.
    Here's hoping that you are healthy enough to enjoy many more years of bowling.

I'm in 1 league right now, but will probably do 2 next year. There is a money league at my center that pays out $80,000 in prize money, and is calling my name.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Thanks! And $80,000.00??? Geez!! Unheard of around here

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    Thanks! And $80,000.00??? Geez!! Unheard of around here
    Yeah it's a handicap league, but make no mistake about what kind of bowlers are attracted to it. The league ave. is 205 for 32 teams I believe. There's some serious cut-throat bowlers in that league. I'm pretty sure handicap is based on 90% of 230.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I'm in 1 league right now, but will probably do 2 next year. There is a money league at my center that pays out $80,000 in prize money, and is calling my name.
    Yeah it's a handicap league, but make no mistake about what kind of bowlers are attracted to it. The league ave. is 205 for 32 teams I believe. There's some serious cut-throat bowlers in that league. I'm pretty sure handicap is based on 90% of 230.
    That's the kind of league that should have been scratch!

Over on Facebook on Bowlers Uniting someone mentioned a league with 125K prizefund

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

Started out with just 1 league on Tuesday nights, but turned into 2 with adding Wednesday nights as they needed a 5th to keep a team. Every now and then I'll bowl our drop in league on Friday's (high-low doubles, no commitment league). From 2007-2010 though, I bowled entirely too much. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 2 leagues on Fridays, 2 leagues on Sundays. I was fresh out of high school and in much better shape than I am now lol. I learned my lesson that I didn't need to bowl 30 games a week lol.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

2 down from 4 last year ,, couldnt afford it anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12