Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additions to the arsenal.

Default Additions to the arsenal.

Even though I didn't bowl much during the summer, I added 2 more rocks, the Vandal Destroy and the Radical Cyclops.

Both are hybrids and I have a hard time keeping them out of my hands! lol

These are 2 of the best hybrids out there (if not the best), and not only are they great from front to back, they hit like a ton with great carry, but have great price points as well!

And just recently, I found out that I'll be getting the DV8 Creed AND the new Vandal Strike!

There's never been a doubt about my love for the Vandal line, and I know that the Strike will not disappoint!

When the Creed came out, I wasn't all that interested, but my coach said that this ball would be the perfect add for my game and is a must have.

Chats: 32

Really liking the look of the cyclops on the lanes unfortunately I don't see a whole lot of DV8 in my area but I like the videos I've seen on the Creed my wife is drilling up a Freakshow Flip as we speak lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Really liking the look of the cyclops on the lanes unfortunately I don't see a whole lot of DV8 in my area but I like the videos I've seen on the Creed my wife is drilling up a Freakshow Flip as we speak lol.
    I LOVE the Cyclops hybrid! While it's not quite as strong as the Destroy, it's still a great ball.

Both are very versatile and predictable off the spot, with the Destroy having a little more pop at the end.

What I really love, is, they can both be used from beginning to end on 3 & 4 game sets.

These can best be described as hitting the nail on the head.

I LOVE the Cyclops hybrid! While it's not quite as strong as the Destroy, it's still a great ball.

Both are very versatile and predictable off the spot, with the Destroy having a little more pop at the end.

What I really love, is, they can both be used from beginning to end on 3 & 4 game sets.

These can best be described as hitting the nail on the head.

The thing about the Creed that I totally missed, is, that it used the same coverstock as the Vandal pearls, and how I missed that is crazy, because I love the Vandal line.

I also like the weight block being on the bottom so that it can pull the ball instead of pushing it.

The Freakshows are pretty darn good as well. I've watched PB III throw it a few times and I was impressed. Then again, he can make ANY BALL look good! lol

On Friday, I found out that a few more things are headed my way.

I'm getting 2 3 ball totes with shoe bags, an accessory bag, grip glove and 2 #10 slide soles and a #12.

And, while I can't talk any specifics yet, it looks like I'm going to get a staffer contract with an accessory company.

To say that I've been blessed to be a part of many staffer positions in the last 14 months or so is an understatement, to say the least.

Being in the right place at the right time and having great connections has been a major benefit.

By the same token, I'm far from being a great bowler by any means. There are so many improvements that I have to make to my game yet, but I am certainly willing to do what needs to be done.

I guess that it helps that I have a high profile here in Vegas. Being on the SO NV USBC Board has allowed me to be put in a position to see people who have very high profiles, which in turn, gets me to know so many more people and making friends.

And it certainly helps that Johnny Petraglia, Jr. has had a major hand in this. He's not only my driller and coach, but is my best friend here.

Rob Johnson at Lane Side Reviews sits right next to him in this category. To be on his staff and be the Vegas rep for #TeamLSR has been nothing short of being a great thing.

Except for 2 of my 10 balls, all of my drilling angles have come from Rob. And my next 2 are his as well.

And when I combine these 2 people, the great mutual respect they have for each other has made my game so much better.

I owe a lot to a lot of people that have helped me get into the positions I'm in today, and I am grateful to every single one of them!

Chats: 32

Wow that's fantastic. Big time congrats bud you've come along way.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I just picked up a Vandal Smash on clearance and so far I really like it. It's very skid flip for a solid but that was what I was looking for.

Wow that's fantastic. Big time congrats bud you've come along way.
    Thank you my friend 😊

It's been an interesting journey, and it seems like when something happened, many things happen all at the same time.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I just picked up a Vandal Smash on clearance and so far I really like it. It's very skid flip for a solid but that was what I was looking for.
    Unless somebody put polish on it, the Smash isn't a skid/flip ball.

OOB it's a 4000 solid and should read the mids much better than a pearl.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

My Ultimate Nirvana cracked last month and it was replaced by the DV8 Hitman.

Drilled it pin down under the ring finger at 65x4.5x70 to calm the big hook down.

While the big hook was tamed, it still has great hook to it, and man does it ever hit the pins!

When my PSO said this will definitely replace the Ultimate, he wasn't lying! WOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast