Thread: Looking for a new ball - thoughts?

Default Looking for a new ball - thoughts?

I am looking to add a new ball to the collection that I have. I am just looking for a census to see what would be a good ball to add.

I currently have a Brunswick Evil Siege, Nexus Pearl, and Nexxus; DV8 Creed; and Columbia 300 Ransom.

Although my Ransom is use for dryer conditions, I am looking to add a medium to dry condition. Majority of my equipment is for heavy to medium or vice-versa. I thought about the Freakshow Flip, but unsure. Rumor and Hitman look nice, but I know those are for medium to heavy conditions. All my equipment are drilled pin-up. Never had a pin-down ball, not sure if that would make a difference.

thoughts?

Thank you!

Mike

There are so many good balls on the market, that it's almost pointless to ask which ball would be good for you. I imagine people's responses will be very biased towards a certain brand. That being said, if you're looking for something with a ton of hook potential, I would suggest a Hammer Gauntlet or Scandal. The Cherry Vibe is great if you want some skid and flip. I can carry a lot of off hits with the Vibe. I have the Vibe polished to a glass-like finish. I can't use the Scandal very often due to the somewhat dry conditions in my center though.

Chats: 32

The DV8 line is pretty much balls that go long and flip at the moment truthfully I'm not sure what they are doing. I'd look at something like the Brunswick Magnitude 35 or Edge Solid to fill that spot if I wanted to stay in the Brunswick family. Storm Torrent or Hammer Blue Vibe also might fit the bill if your interested in other brands
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The DV8 line is pretty much balls that go long and flip at the moment truthfully I'm not sure what they are doing. I'd look at something like the Brunswick Magnitude 35 or Edge Solid to fill that spot if I wanted to stay in the Brunswick family. Storm Torrent or Hammer Blue Vibe also might fit the bill if your interested in other brands
    I'm not sure if I'd suggest the Torrent or not. Don't over-rate a Storm solid...everyone I've seen throw that ball, it hooks a ton! From the Storm lineup, if you're looking for something for lower volume or dryer conditions, I'd suggest something like the Matchup, or on the Rotogrip side, the Hustle INK. Both are great balls honestly.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 22

If you want to stick with DV8, Outcast is good for medium conditions and drier. It's replaced by the Alley Cat, but from what I've seen (Lane Side Reviews) it's a bit tamer than the Outcast on similar conditions.
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Check out the Pyramid Pathogen X as well. It is a long, strong ball that has a fantastic backend reaction.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd suggest the Torrent or not. Don't over-rate a Storm solid...everyone I've seen throw that ball, it hooks a ton! From the Storm lineup, if you're looking for something for lower volume or dryer conditions, I'd suggest something like the Matchup, or on the Rotogrip side, the Hustle INK. Both are great balls honestly.
    Your probably correct in that Chip the Torrent is definitely more of a medium and the Hustle Ink is a great ball
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

For medium to dry, you can look at the DV8 Vandal Destroy and the Radical Cyclops.

Both are excellent in these conditions, with the Destroy having just a little more pop on the backend.