Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinner does it’s job!

Chats: 0

Default Spinner does it’s job!

I took a ball from a teammate last week. He has been struggling all season. I put it on my spinner and took it down to 180 grit on 6 sides, then stuck it in a bucket of oil dry for three days. Then I worked it up to 500 Abralon and hit it with Vise compound. He shot his first 600+ series of the season. Never knew that ball could hook!

Cranker

good job, bet he was happy..
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 4

Yep it's a miracle what a little de-oiling and refinishing
    of a bowling ball can do for it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 256

Indeed, nothing better than a fresh surface on a ball.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Indeed, nothing better than a fresh surface on a ball.
    Agreed! I'm not as diligent as I should be regarding keeping my ball surfaces fresh, but whenever I wind up spinning/de-oiling them, I always kick myself for not doing it sooner. D'oh!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

This ball hadn’t been resurfaced in 6 YEARS!! It was like it was brand new. Just glad he had a night where he wasn’t so frustrated.

Good job coming through for him. I love my spinner, and couldn't imagine being without one. People at my pro shop pay $5 just for a 45 second touch up with whatever grit they want.

Every serious bowler should have a ball spinner.

My wife wasn’t happy with the cost, but the first day I had it, I resurfaced every ball I owned that needed it, plus every ball in my house the family owned. More than paid for itself on day one.

I'm hoping to get one soon myself. We just moved into a new house with a nice shed with power out back with a nice work bench and a ball spinner would be perfect for it!!!! Only issue is those things are expensive!!!! Lol, but they can make the difference between a bad and good night of bowling, both of mine could have used a touch up for league last night.... A few weeks ago I wanted to throw my Code Red in the garbage but a quick resurface and I was reminded why I love that ball!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Only issue is those things are expensive!!!! Lol, but they can make the difference between a bad and good night of bowling
    I guess it depends on your definition of expensive. My single speed Vertex gets the job done for what I need and it was $230 shipped. To me, it seemed like a reasonable price for what I got. I'm taking surface maintenance very seriously now, considering how much money I've spent on all of my balls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast