Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: celebrity invitational

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default celebrity invitational

not sure if this qualifies for this board but did anyone watch the PBA celebrity invitational yesterday? I started watching it on youtube this morning. and found it interesting to watch non pro's bowl.

I found that I DVR'd it, and deleted it without watching it. I think that it's a very sad commentary on modern bowling where the PBA offers so few opportunities to watch the world's top bowlers, and yet will waste our time showing a bunch of basketball players who don't have a clue how to bowl. Just my opinion.

Ringer

interesting take on this. one possible plus, maybe more people will be interested in bowling. since I do not subscribe to any cable or sat provider I get to only watch online. back in the 80's watching the pros was part of my routine every saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I found that I DVR'd it, and deleted it without watching it. I think that it's a very sad commentary on modern bowling where the PBA offers so few opportunities to watch the world's top bowlers, and yet will waste our time showing a bunch of basketball players who don't have a clue how to bowl. Just my opinion.
    Just about every major event is on youtube these days.

Pin Crusher

I decided to watch Gladiator instead.

Pin Crusher

I had it DVR'd. Watched for about 20 minutes, and deleted it.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    Just about every major event is on youtube these days.
    My point was that it wasn't worth watching.

Well it sure appeared to me you made the point that it's hard to watch the worlds top bowlers when in reality almost every event is broadcast in some form or another.

Also, there were very few basketball players represented in the celebrity invitational this year. And actually some of the guys are quite good. Mookie Betts bowled a 300 in the 2017 World Series of Bowling back in November.

I just enjoyed watching Sara Rash with her wine right up front.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    Well it sure appeared to me you made the point that it's hard to watch the worlds top bowlers when in reality almost every event is broadcast in some form or another.

Also, there were very few basketball players represented in the celebrity invitational this year. And actually some of the guys are quite good. Mookie Betts bowled a 300 in the 2017 World Series of Bowling back in November.
    One, if there’s a chance to watch both Pete Weber and Norm Duke, at least part of it is worth watching.
    Two, the doubles game was fairly good bowling. Norm was dialed in. Bill O’Neill was getting a good read off his teammates shots. Mookie Betts had one bad frame where he either did not adjust after leaving a 4 pin in the seventh, or just did not make a big enough move. Chris Paul was mostly lucky.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast