Thread: W. S. B.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default W. S. B.

17 year old kid in the top 24. 2 hander of course.

Pin Crusher

The World Series of Bowling and not even a peep on this bowling site?

Chats: 2

Yeah, a 17 year old kid who made some damn good shots made the top 24. What does bowling with 2-hands have to do with it?
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Pin Crusher

It creates an unfair advantage. The bigger question is why on one of the biggest bowling sites on line is there so little interest?
    The PBA and USBC used to have good boards. They were both were eliminated because they didn't like criticism.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    It creates an unfair advantage. The bigger question is why on one of the biggest bowling sites on line is there so little interest?
    The PBA and USBC used to have good boards. They were both were eliminated because they didn't like criticism.
    Internet forums on the whole seem to be declining. Most people, it would seem prefer to use Facebook or Twitter.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The bigger question is why on one of the biggest bowling sites on line is there so little interest?
    If you mean this site, because there's only a hand full of users on here at best and as for discussions of two handed bowling they are just a dead horse that's been beat into ground over years and people have gotten tired of beating it.

other social media sites like facebooks bowlers uniting have more talk about the wsob, the open etc.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-15-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

My attorney told me to stay off Facebook.

There is a lot of buzz about the World Series of Bowling on the social media pages as J Anderson and bowl1820 mentioned.

We can create a separate thread for this if anyone is interested or feel free to create one as well!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    If you mean this site, because there's only a hand full of users on here at best and as for discussions of two handed bowling they are just a dead horse that's been beat into ground over years and people have gotten tired of beating it.

other social media sites like facebooks bowlers uniting have more talk about the wsob, the open etc.
    Bowl nailed it I will watch some WSOB the open I refuse to watch but it'll be on youtube when I do probably
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

The World Series of Bowling and not even a peep on this bowling site?
    I truly believe that the lack of interest in the WSOB on this site (and others) is a direct result of the ever-widening gap between league bowlers and professional bowlers. When pros are forced to loft the gutter caps as a result of the destruction to the pattern from steroid bowling balls, two-handers, etc., league bowlers can't relate and soon lose interest. What we're witnessing is the slow, tortuous death of professional bowling, and the migration of bowling from being a sport to being a game. So sad!