Description: The Lethal Paranoia has the Hexion Cover Stock used on the Trident Quest, except this ball has a hybrid version of it. This is the third Paranoia in the series and continues to use the Dual Density Oblivion Core. The Lethal Paranoia will be found in the Medium Oil/Angular category of MOTIV’s Ball Guide: (http://www.motivbowling.com/resources/ball-guide.html). Please use this guide to help determine what ball will best suit you or to compare your current MOTIV balls!

Reaction: This ball is the quickest I’ve ever loved a ball directly out of the box. I tend to need some time to determine where the ball will fit in and the strengths and weaknesses of the ball. The Hexion cover stock once again provides easy length, unlike anything else MOTIV has ever developed. With as straight as it is through the front part of the lane it more than makes up for down lane. I don’t want to just tell you this ball goes “long and strong”. I feel like as clean as it is though I can’t throw it through my breakpoint, it always catches the spot down lane and it catches it very hard. My carry percentage has never been so good with a ball that produces this type of shape.

Comparisons: I’d like to start by comparing the Trident Quest. The Trident Quest is the better choice if you start on fresh with higher volume, only because the asymmetrical core gets the ball to start sooner and just isn’t as quick as the Lethal Paranoia, allowing you to control the lane early on. I am not saying the Lethal Paranoia won’t be used on fresh, because I think the Lethal Paranoia will be a perfect choice for league play. The Octane Carbon is quite a bit rounder down lane and is definitely not as strong overall. Once the lanes open up the Lethal Paranoia is going to be my choice on a lot of patterns.
Summary: The Lethal Paranoia has become a benchmark ball for when I need steeper angles. It will also provide you with the most pronounced amount of hook you have seen to date. I have done some surface modifications on the Hexion Cover Stocks and it does get them rolling sooner, but I really feels it defeats the purpose of this cover stock!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi | BowlerX | Genesis Staff