Quest
Trident Quest.... What does this ball do. The Quest seems to be a strong heavy roll with all out hook potential. My initial thoughts on this ball varied from all out wow too oh boy what did I get myself into. I drilled this ball with the same lay out I have on the OG Trident. 60 X 4.75 X 70, Places the pin below the middle finger, mass bias about an inch or so from the thumb. My issue with most Asymmetrical balls is they do not have the continuation, lots of over under for the most part. This layout seems to really help me negating the over under. What I found initially thought was the ball would not make the corner and seemed to lag off the spot down lane. I thought this was going to be another over under dud.

Now decision time, Do I call it a day and self the idea of Asymmetrical's working for me. Nah! Time to put a P3 hole in this and see what happens. The P3 hole was a savor for this ball. Now what I see with the Quest is a heavy rolling pearl that is more controllable and has over all motion through out the lane. The Quest is one of the strongest pearls I have thrown in a while, I would say this is a good 5 boards stronger than the new Lethal with more overall shape. Mid lane traction with the heavy rolling core is no issue and as of yet I have not seen enough wax to really scare this ball. I have always been a fan of big hook pearls as they have a look my eyes like better than big hook solids.

I think this addition is a welcomed addition to the line up as those who like Asymmetrical balls will sure like this ball. The cover has a strong motion down lane and the core makes for easy revving. Anyone who is looking for a truly strong pearl should highly consider adding this to their arsenal.

C Mohr
Motiv Staff