Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League bowler

Chats: 3

Default League bowler

How do you deal with someone on your bowling team that can't bowl and you want to win?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbait6 View Post
    How do you deal with someone on your bowling team that can't bowl and you want to win?

If you knew how they bowled at the start, you went into it with your eyes wide open. If not you make the best of it, Help that person if you can and You and the rest do the best you can to help hold them up and make up the difference.

Otherwise If your hardcore, you find someone else and replace them.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

What do you mean they "can't" bowl? Like, they aren't as good as you'd like them to be, or they physically can't bowl? Honestly, I give everyone a fair chance. If your league is THAT competitive, finish out the season, be the a-hole, and either switch to a different team or be an even bigger a-hole and drop him from it. I guess if you really wanted to be an a-hole you could drop him during the middle of the season.

Personally, I'd consider trying to help the guy out with maybe a few tips here and there. Maybe set him up with some lessons and get some practice in. Help them become a better bowler. But that's just me. I've bowled personally with a kid that is handicapped due to a car accident at a young age for over 15 years now. Guy is partially paralyzed on his right side (he's left handed), doesn't let that get to him, still averages in the mid 160's, and is a hell of a dude to be around.

The decision is yours.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Most important question is who is the Captain. They are the only one who has the power to drop someone. Then they must show cause. You can always just quit.

Chats: 3

Its a woman who plays with a straight ball who doesn't come regularly like she should. I play in a mix league. She is just there to through the motions, doesn't really care how she plays.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Its a woman who plays with a straight ball who doesn't come regularly like she should. I play in a mix league. She is just there to through the motions, doesn't really care how she plays.
    If she feels you don't want her that may be why she doesn't care how she plays, You could try to encourage her more.

If your the captain, it's up to you to decide.

104a. Team Captain’s Authority

3. Be responsible for the conduct and attendance of the team in league play. It is within the captain’s
    authority to permanently remove any player from the team. If requested, good and sufficient reason
    for the removal must be furnished to the board.

104a/2 Can a captain remove a member of the team during the season?

Rule 104a, Item 3 states, it is within the captain’s authority to remove any bowler
    permanently from a team. However, the captain must furnish good and sufficient reason
    upon protest to the league board.
    If bowlers are removed, and are not dismissed under Rule 115a, they are eligible to receive a
    prorated share of the team prize money at the end of the season, based on the number of
    games bowled and the amount of prize money won by the team. In addition, the bowlers
    receive any special prizes for which they have qualified.

As for needing good and sufficient reason that's only if the board asks for it (which they probably would).

But if she doesn't come regularly like she should, that's your reason. (if you say it's just because she bowls bad, while they might understand that. You'll look like a ****.

Also you better have a replacement lined up, Bowling with just a vacancy for a extended period of time PO's a lot of people.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-27-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

This alone is your out. Keep your records if you want to use that to get rid of her. Just remember, you will be the a**hole, regardless of how this works out. If you're okay with that, then handle it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-27-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Pin Crusher

Sorry, thought my bad word would get auto-edited....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

This is a pretty sad thread. If it's that important for you to win, join a scratch or almost-scratch league where all of the bowlers are as competitive as you are. If you choose to bowl in a recreational league, go for the recreation and just have fun. Given the choice, in a recreational league, personally I'd rather bowl with the lady who doesn't take it seriously than with you.

WOW! Rob just did a *Mic drop*

Personally, I am in a casual recreational league. We have a few averages below 100 and they are some of the funnest bowlers there.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast