Thread: What kind of bowling arsenal do you think?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question What kind of bowling arsenal do you think?

Ok so if a person is looking to get setup for tournaments and such, what would you suggest a person needs?

Maybe a partial? Maybe some other cover stock?, a spare ball?

What do you think makes up the best bowling Arsenal?
    Go Broncos!

I will use my arsenal as a basis for comparison:

Anger - drilled pin down to cut through the oil and promote an early roll (Heavy Oil)
    No Mercy Beat'n - drilled pin up and right of ring, heart left of thumb for length and backend in the oil (Heavy Oil)
    Bite - drilled pin above bridge, CG kicked right, MB right of thumb, which cuts through oil and snaps in the backend (Med-Heavy)
    Cell - drilled pin up and right of ring, CG kicked right, MB right of thumb for a nice smooth arc (Med- Heavy)
    Cherry Vibe - drilled pin above bridge, CG in palm for length and backend (Medium)
    Black Widow Solid - drilled pin above bridge, CG kicked right, MB right of thumb with polish for super length (Medium)
    Link - drilled pin above bridge, CG kicked right, MB right of thumb for extra, extra, length (Dry)

In my opinion, it is best to have 2 balls to cover each volume of oil (1 drilled for an arc-type reaction, and 1 drilled for length and backend). This will allow you to start with the snappier ball, and then switch to the smoother one as the lanes transition. A plastic ball is also a good addition if you do not use your main ball for spares.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

THS I only take 2 unless I am experimenting on a given night. I usually take Immortal and Gamebreaker.

Other nights, I take Gryphon and Ogre, and sometimes I pull out the venom and gladiator if I feel like really experimenting. The venom is my longest flip ball and the gladiator is my most archy ball. They compliment each other well.

I've not had a good night with the venom/gladiator in a few months as spreading the oil out more on the THS has brought the immortal best out. I can play up 5, or get a deeper and swing 10 out to 5 - I usually stay outside 8 on most nights, but when others go out there, with their aggressive resin balls, I stay there until I roll a good shot and trip a 4 or start wrapping 10's more than not.

If nothing works, I go to the gamebreaker and swing 15-10 and I can get through the night.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums