Layout:
65 x 5 x 35

Motiv’s second ball sporting Hexion technology is out and all I can say so far is that angularity is back with a vengeance. The Lethal Paranoia combines the new Hexion Hybrid coverstock (5500LSP finish) with the higher RG, dual density Oblivion core (2.53RG, .047Diff) to create a medium oil ball that responds to friction in an impressive manner. Leaving mine at box finish I decided to put my longer, quicker responding layout on it to compliment the skid-snap reaction this was said to have; that is exactly what I got. The Lethal has no issues getting through the fronts with the clean cover/core duo it has. Once friction is found, however, watch out! The response time from projection to hooking back is impressively short, creating quite the sharp angle towards the pocket. I have yet to find a spot where getting too far left is an issue as the motion this ball creates can be beneficial for swinging it as much as fading it from deeper angles. Typically I can start a league night with my similarly-drilled Trident Quest (sanded to 2000) and seamlessly transition to the Lethal once the former starts to labor due to its big block. Several times I have actually had to make an immediate 2-1 to 3-2 left when ‘balling down’ to this Paranoia as that friction response time loves to take advantage of the burn created to the right. This Hexion duo has been quite the one-two punch for me so far. If you want a true skid-snap piece meant to tackle transition and medium oil conditions, once the Quest starts to hook a bit too much, this is hands down the ball you should put in your bag.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com