Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many games on a ball?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default How many games on a ball?

Something for you to ponder.

At the end of one season (ex: 34 weeks/3 game series (that's a 102 game season)) how many full games would you estimate you put on each of the balls you used that season?

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 4

I'm going to say somewhere around 180 to 200 games
    is what I put on my Hammer Badass ball each season
    maybe a few more games than that with extra practice
    sessions.

With the proper maintenance that I do on the ball it still
    hooks just as much as it did brand new out of the box
    even with all of those games on it from each season.

I've had the ball since December of 2014 and even with
    close to 600 games bowled it still reacts like new.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Yeah thats something a lot of bowlers just don't quite get, just how important maintenance is on todays equipment.

With a strong cleaning regimen , you can really maintain the performance of your ball. Which also saves you a lot money not having to buy a new ball as often.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Yeah thats something a lot of bowlers just don't quite get, just how important maintenance is on todays equipment.

With a strong cleaning regimen , you can really maintain the performance of your ball. Which also saves you a lot money not having to buy a new ball as often.
    Yeah I've started cleaning my equipment after every set. Bought tack up off bowlingball.com. my ball performance has been more consistent and my scores have improved and stayed consistent a good amount as well. But getting a good ball cleaner is definitely important. "Clean in the bag, Clean out the bag." I neglected cleaning for a long time. I can see the difference now that I do it.

I've recently changed my regimen which is yielding much better results. My Code Red after about 12-15 games would look dainty and reaction on the backend would just be weak. I was using the shammy after each shot, using Max Tack right after, and Clean N Dull when I got home for a deeper cleaning.. Well after about 12-15 games the ball would just look dainty and had a fine white looking coat on the cover.... Switch to only using Reacta Foam to clean after and it works 10 times better... I haven't used Clean N Dull on my Code Black since I've got it and the cover still looks like and reacts like it did after the resurface when I got it....

I like Clean N Dull for my solid ball but I did notice it smoothing out my pearls.
    Last edited by C J; 12-05-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Normally I wipe my equipment down with Maxx Tac after each time I bowl.

After about 30 games with a ball I will soak it in hot water with Dawn detergent for 20 minutes and then clean it with That Purple Stuff.

By sticking to that regimen, all of my equipment rolls as if it just came OOB.

However, I do make an exception to this rule with my 2 hybrids, the Vandal Destroy and Radical Cyclops.

I let these 2 go for about 50 games before I soak them because I have found that they actually roll better and more consistently when they are dirty.

Sound crazy? Yes. But this is what I have observed with these 2 balls, and if it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it! lol

Chats: 221

When i am bowling and when I get back to bowling ( after getting my prosthesis fitted and learn to walk again. I normally put 35-40 games on a ball. Because of my slow speed I normally ball down every game. Also because I bowl in 2 different centers with totally different lane surface I have a bag set up for each center. I transfer my shoes and spare ball between bags
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 221

When i am bowling and when I get back to bowling ( after getting my prosthesis fitted and learn to walk again. I normally put 35-40 games on a ball. Because of my slow speed I normally ball down every game. Also because I bowl in 2 different centers with totally different lane surface I have a bag set up for each center. I transfer my shoes and spare ball between bags
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

I've got 1 and 2/3 fall through spring leagues and one summer on my Ebonite Cyclone, also practice as much as I can, so easily 300 games on it.

I just finally treated it to a resurface and I am very happy with it, but it's not strong enough for the heavy oil my local center uses most often, so it's relegated to bowling at drier centers or practice to keep games off my higher end equipment. There's another center I go to that's a lot drier and it rolls well there.

Chats: 2

I bought a Rotogrip Hot Cell and a Pitch Black this year and that is primarily what I've thrown in my home center. However, I do bowl a lot of tournaments as well. The Pitch Black I picked up about half way through our season so far, and ours are 30 week seasons. I'd say over the course of this season, my Hot Cell will have seen approx. 130 games, and my pitch black approx. 100. I also throw my timeless a lot, so that will probably see close to 75-80 games.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast