Thread: Shot Maker adjustment chart

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Shot Maker adjustment chart

This is something I ran across today at a Tournament, It's a old chart for making adjustments when you have certain pin leaves.

One of the players had this pamphlet it's from Master Industries, I think the name of it was something like The Shot Maker log or record. It was old book for keeping track of your pin leaves, like some of today's bowling apps do.

I got a look at it, it's mostly just blank pin tracking charts. But this was on the inside front cover and I thought it was interesting.

The whole chart is there, if you can't see part maximize your window or download the image.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-21-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

a clearer printable copy of the chart: (remember this is a old chart)
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-21-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Very worth while information that can be utilized.

Thank you!

You mention it's an old chart; would you say the adjustments are still pretty accurate for a down-and-in player even today?

Chats: 32

they still apply. You may need to change a few to fit your game because everyone is different but it's a good place to start. Print it out try them see how successful it is write it down if they don't work try adjusting it then write down what does.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

So after leaving some pocket 7s today, I'm not sure how I picture that moving 1 board right would decrease my pocket angle. It seems like it would increase the angle, or am I not picturing it right?

Also, leaving 5s because the ball deflects wide of the 9 on a pocket hit it seems less ball speed or targeting right would just make the problem worse....

And now I see that the printable copy of the chart has the left and rights mixed up on the first and third boxes.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    And now I see that the printable copy of the chart has the left and rights mixed up on the first and third boxes.
    Sorry about that, it's been corrected above.

This chart is so old that it is virtually useless. It assumes that the oil is the only element that affects ball reaction. It also totally ignores the effect that modern bowling balls have on the lanes. ANY right-hander who moves right off of a seven-ten split is in for a very, very long night, and the results will not be pretty.