Thread: Storm Timeless

Chats: 2

Default Storm Timeless

Since no one has done a review on this ball yet, I figured I'd go ahead and throw one out.

14# Storm Timeless
    Layout: 5 x 4 x 2

Let me go out and first say, I was overly excited about the announcement of this ball. I actually knew about it before any real information had been released (I got an inside guy at Storm).

With the dual-density core (essentially a core INSIDE a core), I wasn't sure what to expect other than massive pin action. With the R2S cover, I knew just what I was getting, as I did have a hi-road a while back that I absolutely loved.

What I wanted: I talked with Chad McLean (Storm Tech Guru) about layout options for this, as this ball was supposed to be one of the most versatile balls Storm has ever made. We ended up going with my favorite layout, which gets the ball down lane and a continuous backend motion.

What I got: As with most Storm equipment, it was a bit jumpy OOB and I just wasn't happy with it. But, I knew it just needed some games on it. I loved the back end motion out of the ball, I just wasn't happy with where it started that motion from. I ended up hitting it with a touch of Storm X-tra Shine and boy did that pay off. I actually got the ball where I wanted it at the break point.

After about 15 games, the ball finally started to get a track burned into it, and it mellowed out exactly how I thought it would. This ball is amazing. It's by far the most versatile in my arsenal, as I can use it when it is slick, and also move left and swing it out. Heck, even just last week I went in and was lofting the gutter on a very blown up shot (my home center doesn't oil unless there are leagues), and shot a clean 232.

Conclusion: I've seen this ball rolled a LOT. High rev, high speed guys like myself, and also 150rpm, 13-14mph straight down the 10 board. Both end up with the same ending. This ball carries better than any Storm ball I've ever rolled. And the versatility this ball has in it, it's in the bag for every tourney, and usually gets thrown 9/10 times. I clean it every 3 games, and hit it with a touch of polish when it starts to wear off (try to keep it as close to factory finish as possible). I've yet to have this thing on a spinner and take a abralon pad to it, but I don't think it is needed if you keep up with the cleaning.

I've also noticed just how well the R2S cover takes to surface changes. So, if you're not liking the 1500 grit polished finish OOB, I've seen guys have a LOT of success with this ball at 4000 grit.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

I tried several different surfaces and still gave it away. Not the best offering from Storm... for sure!

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I tried several different surfaces and still gave it away. Not the best offering from Storm... for sure!
    I absolutely love mine
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands