Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone bowled a 300 while making lane adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    A 42 ft house shot even lefties shouldn't throw outside of 10 right? The extreme outside is for short patterns. Or can oil get pushed between 5 and 10 from the middle
    You are getting confused. When we talk about where to play based on the length of the pattern, we're talking about sport shots. On a house shot, a great majority of bowlers play ten or outside, at least to start. Lefties are virtually always outside of ten.

I am not sure if anyone covered this, but I would follow The Rule of 31 method, https://www.bowl.com/Welcome/Welcome..._oil_patterns/ .

This has helped me tremendously in my adjustments and finding a quick shot even during practice session, helps me identify the pattern we have.

To answer your question, I have bowled 3 300s and have adjusted my shot on each of those achievements. For my first one, it was in Lake Tahoe and I was on lane 1 & 2. Because lane 1 was against the wall, I played an up and in shot and lane 2 was swinging the ball because of the type of bowlers we were bowling with (yes I was using two different bowling balls).

I know every person is different and each week is different based on who you bowl with, but I feel it is almost certain that you have to make in game adjustments. It can be as simple as reading you ball reaction as well as how the ball enters the 1/2 or 1/3 pocket (angle). I would watch the video from post from "bowl1820" posted if you haven't to start learning different ways to reach ball reactions and to stay proactive in your adjustments rather than reactive.

good bowling and I hope this post finds you well!

Mike

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by MRomeroMGCER300 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone covered this, but I would follow The Rule of 31 method, https://www.bowl.com/Welcome/Welcome..._oil_patterns/ .

This has helped me tremendously in my adjustments and finding a quick shot even during practice session, helps me identify the pattern we have.

To answer your question, I have bowled 3 300s and have adjusted my shot on each of those achievements. For my first one, it was in Lake Tahoe and I was on lane 1 & 2. Because lane 1 was against the wall, I played an up and in shot and lane 2 was swinging the ball because of the type of bowlers we were bowling with (yes I was using two different bowling balls).

I know every person is different and each week is different based on who you bowl with, but I feel it is almost certain that you have to make in game adjustments. It can be as simple as reading you ball reaction as well as how the ball enters the 1/2 or 1/3 pocket (angle). I would watch the video from post from "bowl1820" posted if you haven't to start learning different ways to reach ball reactions and to stay proactive in your adjustments rather than reactive.

good bowling and I hope this post finds you well!

Mike
    The rule of 31 applies to sport shots not your average house shot.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

On all of my 300's I have had to make adjustments during the game. Even if I am not bowling a 300, adjustments are needed. I have even bowled with different balls on each lane.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    You are getting confused. When we talk about where to play based on the length of the pattern, we're talking about sport shots. On a house shot, a great majority of bowlers play ten or outside, at least to start. Lefties are virtually always outside of ten.
    Yep. My normal line is right between the 1st and 2nd arrow (on the left). if it gets too dry i move in to the 2nd arrow but never play inside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. My normal line is right between the 1st and 2nd arrow (on the left). if it gets too dry i move in to the 2nd arrow but never play inside of that.
    A very good philosophy is to never say never.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    A very good philosophy is to never say never.
    True. And I would be willing to but in 35 years I have never had to. But most of those years were wood lanes with a urethane ball so it is something I want to practice with.

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    You have to miss to know you have to move unless maybe you got a lucky strike? Or did you change a ball and how did you know to do so?
    Has anyone bowled a 300 while moving over a few boards during the game because you saw the ball hook a little too much or too little but hit the same mark?

I still have too many errant shots that I mistakenly try to read and make an adjustment on but I'm trying to learn
    Every ball you roll your looking to see if you have a make adjustments. With that said every 300 game, 800 series and 900 series are made while looking to see if adjustments are to be made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12