Thread: Tonight's league night needed a slow ball.....

Chats: 0

Default Tonight's league night needed a slow ball.....

I started league night tonight with my normal speed in the first game and my first ball with my reactive seemed to be sliding too far through my shot. I was leaving 7 pins too much. Of course I kept trying to make it work and ended up with a 134. Second game I decided to slow my ball speed and let the first shot have time to go into the roll after the hook phase. Well how about that, the strikes started coming with little effort on my part. I kept the same speed in the third game and had better results again. So my second game was a 198 and my third game was a 168. In the third game I had two pocket 7/10 leaves. On another pocket hit I left a 8/10 split. So they weren't great games but I found out with an oily 42' pattern I could have too much speed to strike. So I used little effort on my release and the ball was hitting hard for the strikes I got. Too bad it took me a game to figure it out. Oh well, that's bowling.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Ringer

Bowling is all about adjustments. Way to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Bowling is all about adjustments. Way to figure it out.

I definitely need to make my adjustments earlier when they are needed and not waste a whole game before I do it.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Depending on how many people are on your pair and how they throw, you should be able to get a good idea as to when the lanes are going to transition, and by doing that, you'll be able to plan ahead as to when you will make your moves.

Whether it's with your feet, ball speed, etc., you'll get the idea soon enough so that you don't do it too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Depending on how many people are on your pair and how they throw, you should be able to get a good idea as to when the lanes are going to transition, and by doing that, you'll be able to plan ahead as to when you will make your moves.

Whether it's with your feet, ball speed, etc., you'll get the idea soon enough so that you don't do it too soon.
    I am left handed by the way so I am usually the only one bowling on the left side of the alley.

Bowler

adjustments are a pain in the *** in a "casual league" when everyone is throwing plastic balls right through the oil. but never count out a slow ball, just as long as you follow through the same

Ringer

thanks for sharing, nice to pick up some tips.

The difference between a lower average bowler and a higher average bowlers is the higher average bowlers make the correct adjustment quicker.