Description: Lethal Paranoia (noun): 1. The 3rd installment of the Paranoia series created by Motiv Bowling featuring the Hexion Hybrid coverstock at 5000 Grit Laser Scan Polished and Dual Density Oblivion core. Created for medium patterns and designed to achieve an angular backend motion through its dual density design and higher RG allowing it to retain energy and create a hard overturning ball motion. 2. The Lethal Paranoia will be found in the Medium Oil/Angular category of MOTIV’s Ball Guide: (http://www.motivbowling.com/resources/ball-guide.html

Summary: I’ve never wanted the Paranoia to roll up front because that was not its intended purpose, not to say that it couldn’t roll up front but it did not excel at doing so. The strength of the Paranoia was down lane angularity, so never fathomed the idea of a Paranoia being a cleaner throughout the lane and provide me with cornering angularity. Enter the Lethal Paranoia. As clean and as straight throughout the lane as this ball is I had a hard time throwing it through the breakpoint as once is got down lane and encountered friction it was a hard encounter indeed, what I really consider a plus about the Lethal is when I back out of the ball I still get the best of what it has to offer without going through the breakpoint.

I found the Lethal to excel on the fresh but not on heavier volumes of fresh as I found the cover to be too clean for what I was trying to accomplish, in cases of heavier fresh I deferred to my Trident Quest as the asymmetrical core gets the ball to start sooner than that of the Oblivion core. The Carbon Octane has a rounder shape than that of the Lethal however overall it isn’t as strong as the Lethal, in terms of opening up my angles I would go with the Lethal over the Carbon. I tend to use the Carbon when I’m controlling the backends instead of using them to my advantage.

I’ve never thrown a Motiv ball that has not done as advertised and the streak continues with the Lethal Paranoia, if you’ve wanted more upfront and still need it to corner the Lethal Paranoia doesn’t disappoint. I encourage you to inject your arsenal with Lethal Paranoia.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
MOTIV Staff
Mongoose Staff
WhyBowl Staff