Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What things in your approach go haywire sometimes.....

Chats: 2

Last night was horrible for myself. My timing was beyond gone. Felt like I couldn't get to the line, release was off, everything. Took me 2 games to figure this out. 176, 142, 245...I think I figured it out the last game lol. Believe it or not, my feet were too SLOW. Weird how that works
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    Today it was nearly everything. My timing got bad, so my balance got bad. I ended up on top of the ball and hanging my thumb in, which meant it was either pulling left if my thumb was in too long, drifting right if it wasn't, or getting some really odd rotation and track flare. It was a disaster. I need help!
    I went back and looked at the video, and while my hand position is a problem (can't be on the back of the ball at/near release if your hand is already turned in the downswing), my footwork was the real disaster! While I was trying to picture and practice my slide ending up around 18 with a laydown near 10 to go over the arrows somewhere near 10-12, in truth my slide was ending up anywhere from 22-28, then I'm reaching to try to lay down where I wanted which is throwing off my balance something horrible.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

At the top of the backswing my ball drifts a bit past my head instead of being behind it. I should probably be releasing the ball alot closer to my ankle . I will try and stick my balance arm out at 45 degrees instead of straight out to the right.

Bowler

I noticed I drift 2boards then when I moved over 2boards I ended in the same spot!

I feel like i fixed the footwork issue today (didn't take video, so I'm sure I was drifing 15 boards instead). One thing I noticed on the video that cropped up in the first game was that I have a tendency to turn my wrist so early that by the time I get to release, my fingers are in the front and my thumb is trailing - which means the ball is coming off my fingers, spinning around my thumb, getting hooked on it, releasing way left with a helicopter spin. Slowing down and really thinking about my hand position in the downswing helped a lot. But man, if my hand turns early on me there's no stopping it .

For whatever reason, one day I must have hit my ankle on my sliding foot a half dozen times when throwing the ball with the ball. I have no idea why it was happening and I never did it before or since. Not fun

The only other problem I ever had was when I wore jeans that apparently must not have fit properly. Lets just say I think my voice went up a few octaves that day at the foul line. I had to have wifey bring me a pair of suit pants before I gave myself a vasectomy.

SandBagger

Moving too fast.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

"Moving too fast" must be a common problem. I came across some page recently with a howto on delivery that must have said "walk to your target" 11 times in five bullet points. To their credit, slowing down really helps.

Chats: 10

1) Hitting my thigh on my back swing with the ball and not stopping and resetting.
    2) Rolling the ball off of my shoe.
    3) When I get a bowler in my vision a few lanes down. I'm not picky about lane courtesy, but it can throw me off specially when they have an awkward delivery or throw the ball with a loud banging sound when it touches the ground.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Cranker

Timing, timing, timing. If my timing is off, I start muscling and then there goes my swing which compounds the timing issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast