Thread: The Return of the PWBA

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default The Return of the PWBA

In 2003 the PWBA ceased operations, ending an over 40-year run. The USBC Queens and USBC Women’s Open were the only two televised events that remained for women bowlers to compete at a high level. After a resurgence of women’s bowling in the junior and collegiate ranks, the USBC, in partnership with the BPAA, brought the tour back. Up-and-coming female bowlers join ladies that were active when the tour fell apart to share their experiences on the rise and fall of the tour and what it means to have it back. The women talk about the future of the sport, and how important it is not to take it for granted.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Well I never watched the original WPBA but I enjoy watching the new tour very much. For myself it's a lot closer to real bowling without the 18 mph ball speeds and 475 rev rates
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

I agree 100% with Amyers.

Despite my disdain for the PBA and how they've handled things recently, I still bought a membership to thier online coverage so I could watch the PBA50 events and PWBA events. It's much closer to "real bowling" and you don't have nearly the 2-handed annoyances.