Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally my coach on Video

Chats: 1127

After you learn the basics, your style will depend on your physique. Since no two people are built alike, everyone has his own unique quirks. Changes in body size, weight, injuries or just plain wearing out will cause you to modify parts of your game.

That, my friends, is what makes this game so great! How many other sports can you think of where you can compete from the time you start walking until you are laid to rest?

To paraphrase Iceman... Anyone, can beat anybody, on any given day.
    WORK HARD
    ROCK HARD
    EAT HARD
    SLEEP HARD
    GROW BIG
    WEAR GLASSES IF YOU NEED 'EM

the WEBB WILDER credo

Ditto Poflobo - unique styles everyone has - honing them to repeat it - priceless.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default team and scratch bowling

i started bowling on a mixed couples league this year where some of the bowlers are in their 80's and 90's, when i was asked if i wanted to bowl on a scratch league. my first responce was that i'm not good enough but i joined anyways and glad that i did. the 2nd week the guy i was bowling had a 300. the 4th week , this other bowler against me, had a 300. it was his 65th. i started to feel down and out with my 182 average but soon learned that some other bowlers were watching me and started giving me pointers on things that they saw i was doing wrong. i'm 65 but not the oldest on the scratch league so i'm telling some of you to just get out and do it. it really is helping my game and attitude to become a better bowler.

Chats: 4

i am with Mrbill, i think the style points for not being "cookie cutter" make up for anything else..... and i would love to be a coach.... but i'm just not good enough

I like the simplicity of his game: not much wasted motion, good balance, short steps, back and forth with the swing. True, it isn't the smoothest delivery in the world. Tell that to Mark Roth. He doesn't have the power game splashing pins all over the deck. Well, neither did Earl Anthony. He chicken-wings the follow-through, but have you ever seen Dick Weber bowl?

For just about any criticism of a bowler's physical game you can find someone at the top who had similar issues.

By the way, to honor all of the great coaches out there, not all coaches are good at what they coach.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Chats: 2315

I'd love to be able to stand that close to the foul line actually, but I'm convinced I bowl best standing more towards the start of the approach.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123