Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally my coach on Video

Default Finally my coach on Video

I put together a 2 minute clip of my coach and his old school style. This is what I'm aiming at.

Check it out and let me know what you think. Note - He's 60 Years old, so he's not into this internet thing and the video editing technology, but I did make it a little razzle within. I showed it to him today, and he laughed but did like it. He said it was the first time he saw himself bowl.

http://itqiceman.spaces.live.com/blo...FE69!220.entry

This Video is on Youtube, but it's all embedded back to my blog on live.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Thunder-Hammer!
    Chats: 0

Very interesting video...I only wish to be half as good as some of these guys on the forum and tv.....My main problem is that I do not have anyone near me who is really any good that I can learn from. I wouldnt mind having a coach and bowling on a league, but I don't think I am ready.
    I'm Donny!

Arsenal= all in 15# Hammer Black Widow Venom, BW Clear, Hot sauce, Hammer Clear hammer(my collectible), and Emerald Vibe.

Ebonite Magic , and an Ebonite Maxim spareball

I'm proud to be a member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums!!!

Bowler

Chats: 3

Hammerguy529, I think you need somewhat of an attitude adjustment. Have you ever watched one of the old NIKE commercials? Their motto is "Just do it!" That should apply to you also. If you wait in the wings till you feel you are "good enough" you will be letting a lot of life pass you by.

Join a league. Watch other bowlers. You will see good bowlers in your league that if asked will be willing to help you. No they will not be as good as a coach, but it's better than nothing.

You have demonstrated your desire by joining this forum. Now follow NIKE's advice. Just do it.

Sorry Iceman, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. To me the most accurate and best bowler in history was Andy Veripapa. It sounds like you want to emulate his style. Doing that you can never go wrong.

I wasn't able to open the video however.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Thunder-Hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by PSBA10 View Post
    Hammerguy529, I think you need somewhat of an attitude adjustment. Have you ever watched one of the old NIKE commercials? Their motto is "Just do it!" That should apply to you also. If you wait in the wings till you feel you are "good enough" you will be letting a lot of life pass you by.

Join a league. Watch other bowlers. You will see good bowlers in your league that if asked will be willing to help you. No they will not be as good as a coach, but it's better than nothing.

You have demonstrated your desire by joining this forum. Now follow NIKE's advice. Just do it.

Sorry Iceman, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. To me the most accurate and best bowler in history was Andy Veripapa. It sounds like you want to emulate his style. Doing that you can never go wrong.

I wasn't able to open the video however.
    Well that is quite honestly some good advice. I suppose I just have some cold feet with getting into such a new sport. It can be a bit overwhelming to the spirit when your trying to become a better athlete amongst the ranks of some much better athletes. I'm working on it.

/hijack I apologize Iceman again, very nice video
    I'm Donny!

Arsenal= all in 15# Hammer Black Widow Venom, BW Clear, Hot sauce, Hammer Clear hammer(my collectible), and Emerald Vibe.

Ebonite Magic , and an Ebonite Maxim spareball

I'm proud to be a member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums!!!

hmm, the coach looks like he could use some coaching himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrownie View Post
    hmm, the coach looks like he could use some coaching himself.

Why would you make this comment - no one asked about it? This guy grew up in 60's & 70"s when no patterns and everyone used plastic - playing 1 board off the corners. He carries 230 avg THS and 210 PBA.

I hate when people jump in and first start hacking away at something without knowing everything. Thanks TBrownie for keeping it going.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Why would you make this comment - no one asked about it? This guy grew up in 60's & 70"s when no patterns and everyone used plastic - playing 1 board off the corners. He carries 230 avg THS and 210 PBA.

I hate when people jump in and first start hacking away at something without knowing everything. Thanks TBrownie for keeping it going.
    youre welcome
    I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

16 years bowling, serious about bowling for the last year or two, 201 high average, Too many current balls to list, Virtual Gravity is the newest. High game 267, set 693.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I put together a 2 minute clip of my coach and his old school style. This is what I'm aiming at.

Check it out and let me know what you think. Note - He's 60 Years old, so he's not into this internet thing and the video editing technology, but I did make it a little razzle within. I showed it to him today, and he laughed but did like it. He said it was the first time he saw himself bowl.

http://itqiceman.spaces.live.com/blo...FE69!220.entry

This Video is on Youtube, but it's all embedded back to my blog on live.

I'm really diggin' his hat!

I wouldnt' worry what others say about his technique man...it is what it is, he most likely has more knowledge than half of us anyhow. The important thing is he helps you!

some people forget themselves occasionally...just keep rollin!

Cheers
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

I like the vid Iceman, your coach seems like a good bowler to, I would like a coach but im poor hehe..

I have to comment on brownie said . Watch to PBA show every week and look at the different way the different pros get it done . Wes Mallot Is a great example . Bent more at the waist than textbook , pulling his thumb out and then back in as he starts his approach . No coach ever taught him that . Read on some of John Jowdys theories and Bill Halls coaching and you'll find Every person is made better by working with whats comfortable to them and fine tuning to make them more consistant .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast