Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for 4 man league converting to 5 man league

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    If you're hesitant to expand and the league has already begun then don't expand. Otherwise your going to have to make some comprises somewhere.

If the league hasn't already begun, then there's not really any problem. You go to 5 man teams, last years history is history.

If the league has already begun and you might check with the usbc rules dept. Depending on how far in you are, you might could split the season and have the new 5 man teams start the next half. The 4 man team history would stay and the 5 man teams would start fresh. (adjust prize list accordingly)

The idea of "making it such that the captain would pick which 4 are starters each week. The 5th man out would still bowl and compete for individual prizes." I think would do a disservice to the bowlers having to sit out.
    I meant that as from that point on each week all 5 members would bowl not anyone sitting out. the captains picking by lottery is simply to insure that arguments don't break out over who is bowling with who.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I meant that as from that point on each week all 5 members would bowl not anyone sitting out. the captains picking by lottery is simply to insure that arguments don't break out over who is bowling with who.
    I understood what you Amyers were saying, I wasn't commenting on your post.

I was referring back to the OP's orig. post about having players sitout.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12