Thread: Why is Belmonte so dominant?

Default Why is Belmonte so dominant?

It isn't just his two handed style as there are plenty of other two handlers who don't finish in the top 10 of literally every tournament.

He would have more PBA titles if he participated in more of the smaller ones but I understand him being from Australia it just isn't worth it to him to bowl in every PBA event.

Yes, he has more revs, more power, and more carry but so does Osku, and Osku hasn't sniffed titles in awhile.

Belmonte is so dominant because he is so good. Two-handed is secondary. He is deadly accurate, he figures out the lanes, and he repeats, repeats, repeats. Osku isn't in the same category. Svenson... maybe!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

He fits into todays environment perfectly. With the two handed style and great accuracy he is tough to beat. Ban the two hand style. Band reactive balls.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Belmonte is so dominant because he is so good. Two-handed is secondary. He is deadly accurate, he figures out the lanes, and he repeats, repeats, repeats. Osku isn't in the same category. Svenson... maybe!
    Osku is an animal on the international level, but never did much at the PBA level. As for Svenson, he's 22 with 7 titles and a major..that's pretty impressive. Honestly though, Belmo is so dominant for the reasons Rob listed. Insane accuracy and the ability to read a lane better that 95% of his competition.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I agree. Belmo is not just two handed but one of the best bowlers out there. He's the most versatile two hander and very accurate. Osku just doesn't have the same versatility to dominate like Belmo. As for Svensson, I kind of consider him a one trick pony, it's just that one trick is awesome but I would think if Svensson was right handed, I don't think he has as many titles.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    As for Svensson, I kind of consider him a one trick pony
    I completely agree with you as all I have ever seen him play was up the
    left hand outside gutter shot. I've never seen him play the 4th or 5th
    arrow on the right side of the lane and swing the ball out to the left.

Yes he is very,very,very good playing that shot but I'd like to see him
    become more versatile by being able to play anywhere on the lanes like
    Belmo does maybe he can play like that but as I said I've never seen him
    do it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post

do it.
    Thing about Svenson, is he is getting more and more familiar with Resin equipment. But, he has the ability to play the extreme outside of the lanes using urethane because he has 4-5, all drilled differently with different surfaces on them, not to mention he throws the ball 20mph. If that one trick has yielded him 7 titles and a major at the age of 22, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick to that one trick until it no longer works. Keep in mind, he did make 4 out of 6 shows for the WSOB.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post

do it.
    Left-handers comprise 16% of this years PBA tour bowlers. The odds of there being being more than one lefty on a pair of lanes is pretty low. Admittedly, Jesper has a rev rate that would require him to adjust at least every other frame were he throwing an aggressive reactive ball. By the time Jesper would get out to 4th or 5th arrow, the right-handers would have stripped the oil from the heads on that side of the lane. There's a reason lefties think different!
    John

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    By the time Jesper would get out to 4th or 5th arrow, the right-handers would have stripped the oil from the heads on that side of the lane. There's a reason lefties think different!
    That makes perfect sense to me just like when I'm having to play the first or second or third
    arrow on the left swinging the ball to the right I'm drying up the oil for the left hander on my
    team and he sure lets me know about it too. LOL!!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill